TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

Screenshot_20191208-131847.jpg

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
saw a road rage incident outside my work. some dude was whaling on his horn at the person in in front of them going around, and exiting the round about. person doing the honking as soon as he could, cuts around the guy he was honking at (on a 1 lane each way road) cuts uts him off, and slams on his brakes. guy that was getting honked at could not stop in time, and ran into him. i loled and went into work to eat my lunch. 10 minutes later they were both gone. no cops called it seemed.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
There were cars always getting t-boned at my intersection because people were blowing a stopsign at 30+ i almost got taken out one day.
during my first 3 months here one of them caused a rollover for someone on a test drive, or a car having stuff added to it after sale.

there are still a lot of accidents there but now none as bad. because now just about everything is a rearending vs a t-bone.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I really dig those new roundabouts, instead of those long 4 way stops. I see so many people bitch about them on the schaumburg FB group but idk why, wish there were more of them.
Roundabouts are so easy if you aren't an asshole or wall flower.

EVERYBODY MAKES RIGHT TURNS.

You get on, then you get off. All you have to do is find a slot in the line.

Reactions: radioguy6

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Roundabouts are so easy if you aren't an asshole or wall flower.

EVERYBODY MAKES RIGHT TURNS.

You get on, then you get off. All you have to do is find a slot in the line.

yeah they are great. They just constructed 2 in our Schaumburg industrial park and they so much more efficient imo.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
yeah they are great. They just constructed 2 in our Schaumburg industrial park and they so much more efficient imo.
I just remember drivers ed and hearing about them. They called it suicide circle in Des Plains. But the first time I drove it, even when moderately busy all I could think of was "that was it...?"

I couldn't figure out why everyone was so worked up.

I mean, I know some of the monster ones can be a nightmare, aka 7 lane deep round-abouts. You can find those nightmare pictures. But smaller 1-2 lane ones are easy peasy.

Reactions: frank

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The one just north of my house and in Johnsburg always make me laugh with rage. Fucking idiots see a yield sign and slam on their brakes because ANY change in their life (re: not a stop sign or no sign at all) and they shut down like the lemmings they are.

They added one down the street from me due to the school. They wanted to slow vehicles as well as give them a way to turn around and allow drop-off & pick-iup on the side of the street by the school. It really worked well. But the first few months it was there I saw people pay no attention to the signs put up ahead of it. They came at higher than posted speed limits, like they had done in the past, and flew over the roundabout center. At least the designer was smart enough to use a small angles raised portion in the center. So car's didn't damage it of them cars. Plus lt allows semis to go over it is necessary. But it was 100% worth doing.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
They added one down the street from me due to the school. They wanted to slow vehicles as well as give them a way to turn around and allow drop-off & pick-iup on the side of the street by the school. It really worked well. But the first few months it was there I saw people pay no attention to the signs put up ahead of it. They came at higher than posted speed limits, like they had done in the past, and flew over the roundabout center. At least the designer was smart enough to use a small angles raised portion in the center. So car's didn't damage it of them cars. Plus lt allows semis to go over it is necessary. But it was 100% worth doing.
They did this near a school by my friend's house. Motorcyclists (mostly sport bikes) would come screaming into the roundabout at speeds far above their skill levels. On more than one occasion I've seen bikes scattered in the grass on the other side from wrecking. One guy broke his clavicle and four ribs. Destroyed the bike. They never seem to think there could be dust or debris on the road surface making it less than ideal. I think they should start doing something similar to Tail of the Dragon where cyclists have to hang their busted body panels on a tree of shame. LOL

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
It's not the 1 laners I have an issue with it's 2+ lanes. What the fuck why is there even a center lane to them? Also they make you drive some absurd fucking distance instead of 10 feet like you do with a stop sign. What the hell it takes 2 minutes to do something that took 2 seconds with a 4 way stop.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
seen many accidents on the "suicide circle" in Des Plaines. The Golf road exit that allows both lanes to exit, nearly every time its someone in the outside lane that doesn't exit and they collide with someone exiting from the inside lane for golf road. These roundabouts are not a difficult concept but today's drivers couldnt be any more inept.

Thread Info