What light bulbs?

What lightbulb?

• Total voters

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
The GTP lost a headlight last night. I started on my own with 9007 and 893 Silver stars. Silver Star Ultra headlights (9007). Gave up on the 893 and switched to 880 silver star for the fogs.

Right now its sitting with a blown fog and headlight!:picard:

I just want something better than stock with reasonable life. Looking at GE on amazon but not sure if it will work.

Every auto part store around here sell silver crap. Should i got back to stock like bulbs or order the GEs?

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
VVME.com

I am sure you can get 893 single beams there as well as the the dual-beam kit for 9007 (get dual-beam 9007... they are telescopic) If no 893, you can get 880.

I have the 9007-3 (dual beam telescopic) and 880 kit (single beaM) from VVME, both in 6000K, and if you need a third party to tell you how they look, G_T_P, gtp23, and Fish can tell you how they look

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
stay away from silverstars unless you want to replace them every few months. get some 5K or 6K HID's. they are easy to install and cheaper than silverstar ultras these days. to disable the DRL's you just cut a wire and splice into another wire. i forget which ones but i know its on clubgp. an added bonus is that your rear parking lights will flash when you lock or unlock your car.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
stay away from silverstars unless you want to replace them every few months. get some 5K or 6K HID's. they are easy to install and cheaper than silverstar ultras these days. to disable the DRL's you just cut a wire and splice into another wire. i forget which ones but i know its on clubgp. an added bonus is that your rear parking lights will flash when you lock or unlock your car.

For 97-00, there is a plug that is connected into a connector with a heat sink on the drivers side behind the dash. Unplug it, no DRLs. Super easy.

Id vote HIDs, but seems like the HID gods dont want me to have a working set for a long period of time.

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO

No I don't believe so. You can disable the DRLs yourself though if you want. http://macgp.clubgp.com/howto/appearance/drl/drl.htm

:wavey:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Id vote HIDs, but seems like the HID gods dont want me to have a working set for a long period of time.

where did you get your set? i had a w-body store kit (lol) and the bulbs lasted less than a year. and that year my car wasn't on the road too much.
i bought a new set for the GTO from a different company, hopefully they will last longer...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
silver stars last like 2-3 months it seems. good luck trying to have them warrantied too.....they give you such a hard time for bulbs. i had my HID kit from the group buy on clubgp. after about 8 months my wiring harness melted but the guy sent another one out free of charge next day. i would get HID's......they work great compared to any bulb your going to find.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
VVME.com

I am sure you can get 893 single beams there as well as the the dual-beam kit for 9007 (get dual-beam 9007... they are telescopic) If no 893, you can get 880.

I have the 9007-3 (dual beam telescopic) and 880 kit (single beaM) from VVME, both in 6000K, and if you need a third party to tell you how they look, G_T_P, gtp23, and Fish can tell you how they look

I also get myn from vvme. I have ordered 5 kits from them and a set of light bulbs.

Only thing I don't like is that the colors are a little off compared to other companys. My 6K looks more like 5K.

Thread Info