🎵 Music What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To?

What Do You Listen To?

• Rock & Roll

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Rap

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Country

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
95% of my music collection or Spotify favorites are rap. My #1, without a doubt, is Nas.
Nas is a fucking beast, lyrically there is NOBODY that can fuck with him. I have or had every album on my Itunes. Havent used Itunes or ipod in probably 4 years so not sure if I still have my 7500 songs lol.

I listen to everything except Country. Hate it with a passion and have been known to leave family or friends parties once that shit comes on and stays on. My neighbors sometimes have to be like WTF. Most Saturdays if I'm home and in the yard I have music on so you can hear it a block away. When I put on shuffle you will get everything from Too Short talking about suck his dick and fucking bitches to Boston singing about what they sing about lol.

Old Skool Chgo House/Freestyle probably my favorite as thats what we grew up listening too.

Prefer West Coast Gangster Rap over East Coast Hip Hop, but do listen to some East Coast shit. Pac over biggie every day of the week and twice on Sunday lol. Cant stand 95% of these mumble fucking rappers out today.

Those are my go too's but also like 70's disco, Michael and Prince included

Then there are days where I will just jam to older alternative and rock. Prefer older rock, Metallica, Van Halen, The Stones, Boston (not sure if they are rock), GNR, Motley Crew, Aerosmith etc

Reactions: SaturdaysGS and Bru

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
All over the place. Except country. Can't stand it; pop country or old country. Doesn't make my toes tap.

I listen to a lot of hip-hop, especially the alternative stuff; Tribe, Q-Tip, Mos Def, J5, Talib and underground groups like People Under The Stairs, Ugly Duckling, Time Machine.

Going to my Spotify recently played:
  • People Under The Stairs
  • Thes One
  • L.A. Mike
  • Will Powers
  • Ramones
  • Frankie Valli
  • Blackalicious
  • The Amazing Crowns
  • The Growlers
  • Kraftwerk
  • Archie Bell
  • Ramsey Lewis Trio
  • James Tillman
  • Mos Def
  • Gorillaz
  • REO Speedwagon
  • David Bowie

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Rock
Metal
Symphonic Rock / Metal like Nightwish, Within Temptation, After Forever....
Trailer Music, like 2WEI, Audiomachine, Two Steps from Hell. Just about everyone has heard these groups before. The Wonder Woman (2017) trailer, and WW 1984 remix of Blue Monday is considered Trailer Music.

But really, I listen to a lot, except for Country or Rap. Really can't get into either of those except for like 2 to 3 songs from each genre.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I like Tech... I had so much of his stuff in my car that I had to stop playing it because its all I heard and got burnt out. I'm also a big fan of Twista. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of G-Eazy, NF & Logic. Not because they're all white but because their lyrics and beats catch my interest and I start down the wormhole of what else they got.

When I was a kid, I grew up listening to Dre, Snoop, Noreaga, Bone Thugs, Tribe Called Quest, Fugees, and more. Those were the days of good music.

Country - I can pretty much only stomach Luke Bryan. My wife always listens to him when we're on our road trips so it's grown on me. And Carrie Underwood for obvious reasons but I also love her voice. One of my favorite songs is the collaboration she did with Luda on The Champion.

Rock - very little. But lots of Linkin Park (probably the best concert I ever went to), Rage Against The Machine & Beastie Boys. First concert I ever went to was Aerosmith who had the Cranberries open for them. But was never a big Aerosmith fan

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I like Tech... I had so much of his stuff in my car that I had to stop playing it because its all I heard and got burnt out. I'm also a big fan of Twista. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of G-Eazy, NF & Logic. Not because they're all white but because their lyrics and beats catch my interest and I start down the wormhole of what else they got.
Dude, people are sleeping on Logic. Lyrically that boy can fucking spit.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I love 90's alternative/punk. The Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, 311, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Live, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Rage Against The Machine, Sublime, etc.

Also love metal. Metallica, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, Rob Zombie, etc.

But can really listen to almost anything other than the shit rap music that is out today. Seriously WTF happened to rap?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I love 90's alternative/punk. The Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, 311, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Live, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Rage Against The Machine, Sublime, etc.

Also love metal. Metallica, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, Rob Zombie, etc.

But can really listen to almost anything other than the shit rap music that is out today. Seriously WTF happened to rap?
Thats all the alternative stuff I like as well.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I’m all over the place with my listening, my fav’s are zeppelin, nirvana, offsprings ( smash album ) weezer, any 80’s-90’s rap east or west coast, 80’s syn pop.

throw in some mid 60’s British / American rock add in some American rock, Throw in some house music, freestyle and you have a crazy mix of music.

my satellite stations are all a good mix up.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I’m all over the place. Punk rock for when I was young like descendents, minor threat, screeching weasel, the queers

classic rock and roll like Elvis, Chuck Berry,Jerry Lee Lewis.

blues like Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Betsy Smith.

electronic/alternative type stuff like Black Marble, Grimes, The KVB, chvrches

Garage rock type stuff like King Kahn and BBQ show, Shannon and the clams, Mark Sultan (this man is amazing), nobunny, diarrhea planet, Altin gün, cheeseburger, (there’s so many)

Ive been into some North African stuff lately like Mdu Moctar, Tinariwen, Bombino

There’s more but that’s enough shit to type out

Thread Info