What is the right order for the MCU?

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
This seems to be a pretty big debate, and much worse when you consider all of the shows along with the movies. My wife and I fell way behind on the movies, and I think we had only seen season 1 of Daredevil. So we decided to start watching it all "in order". This was probably about a year ago now. As we were going through it all following the first list I had found it became clear that it could have been better. Now we are at the end and even with only a few shows and a movie left nothing can still agree on the order.

So, who else has attempted doing this? What list did you follow? Did you think it was in the correct order? For anyone wondering, the only thing that really ties in with the movies is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The other shows may (or may not) reference events of the movies, but aren't generally effected by anything else going on.

Sean

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Aside from Thor Ragnarok and the original Iron Man....when it comes to the movies, I've only probably watched them one time through...and then just bits and pieces since then.

We never re-watched anything. We kinda figured we already botched "Phase 1" so we just tried to follow the order from wherever we started. I think we started at the first Avengers? Most of what we have seen has been the various TV shows.

Sean

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Are you looking for kind of a Primer to go into Infinity War by watching the minimum amount of movies without being totally lost?

I know there are lists out there, but I'm having trouble thinking of one on my own without actually reviewing the synopsis for each movie.

I would say any movie featuring an Infinity Stone is important, but Thor 2 was forgettable, and honestly so was Dr Strange.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Are you looking for kind of a Primer to go into Infinity War by watching the minimum amount of movies without being totally lost?

I know there are lists out there, but I'm having trouble thinking of one on my own without actually reviewing the synopsis for each movie.

I would say any movie featuring an Infinity Stone is important, but Thor 2 was forgettable, and honestly so was Dr Strange.

Nah, I have already watched damn near everything already. I was more opening up a discussion about it and seeing if anyone else had attempted to watch it all in any kind of chronological order.

There are a ton of lists out there, and none of them are the same. I have seen some that get REALLY intricate, like watch 2 episodes of this, then one of this, then back to that other show for 3 more, then a digital short, and so on. Quite a few of them will break apart at least SHIELD around a movie. Usually it seems to be 2 or 3 chunks for that show. I only really remember once where it tied to the movie enough to think we should have split the season. I think it was Winter Soldier and Season 4 of SHIELD if I remember correctly.

The current list we are following (but kind of screwed up) has us watching;

Cloak & Dagger (Season 1) - Started last night
Luke Cage (Season 2)
Iron Fist (Season 2)
Daredevil (Season 3)
Runaways (Season 2)
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Already watched
Avengers: Infinity War
Agents of SHIELD (Season 5, Episodes 19-22)

Once we finish that, we will have watched all of the Marvel stuff except Agent Carter, and Inhumans. We skipped Agent Carter since it had already been canceled and we had seen all of the early stuff when we started. Inhumans was also already canceled, and I was having a hard time finding it.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Nah, I have already watched damn near everything already. I was more opening up a discussion about it and seeing if anyone else had attempted to watch it all in any kind of chronological order.

There are a ton of lists out there, and none of them are the same. I have seen some that get REALLY intricate, like watch 2 episodes of this, then one of this, then back to that other show for 3 more, then a digital short, and so on. Quite a few of them will break apart at least SHIELD around a movie. Usually it seems to be 2 or 3 chunks for that show. I only really remember once where it tied to the movie enough to think we should have split the season. I think it was Winter Soldier and Season 4 of SHIELD if I remember correctly.

The current list we are following (but kind of screwed up) has us watching;

Cloak & Dagger (Season 1) - Started last night
Luke Cage (Season 2)
Iron Fist (Season 2)
Daredevil (Season 3)
Runaways (Season 2)
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Already watched
Avengers: Infinity War
Agents of SHIELD (Season 5, Episodes 19-22)

Once we finish that, we will have watched all of the Marvel stuff except Agent Carter, and Inhumans. We skipped Agent Carter since it had already been canceled and we had seen all of the early stuff when we started. Inhumans was also already canceled, and I was having a hard time finding it.

Inhumans is terrible.

Agent Carter was decent and I enjoyed it. But not enough people liked it and so it got cancelled.

I love "The Gifted" and "The Orville" right now.

I'm not sure I could watch the entirety of MCU Phase 1 again. I would probably watch key movies that I enjoyed.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I've heard inhumans was pretty bad. I want to say that I was only able to find it on Amazon, and had to buy it for like $30. Didn't seem worth it so we skipped it. I heard Agent Carter was good, but we were pretty far past it (most lists have it as one of the first things) and we had a LOT ahead of us.

The Gifted looks good, maybe when we are done with Marvel we can check it out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info