What is the best starter jump pack you are happy with

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have the Noco GB70 2000 amp unit. I know several others with them. Including a buddy who uses the GB150 4000 amp unit at his repair shop. Seem to be pretty solid.

My issue is that I am afraid to leave it in the car with fear that in freezing temps it will burst the battery in it. So it sits at the house most of the time. Where is probably where I'll need it least. haha

Last edited:

SpeedSpeak2me

Reaction score
I picked up an Anker 800mah one that I have used a few times just to test it out. Got it on sale for like $60. Seems to do okay.

Once a month I take it out of whichever vehicle it is in to discharge it a bit by charging a phone or tablet, then bring it back to 100% and stick it back in the car/truck. I like that it has USB-C charging, and came with a 12v adapter.

I think they still make it, plus a newer 1000mah now.

Of course I’m presuming you mean a small portable one, not a beefy one like shops and recovery vehicles carry.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
I have the Noco GB70 2000 amp unit. I know several others with them. Including a buddy who uses the GB150 4000 amp unit at his repair shop. Seem to be pretty solid.

My issue is that I am afraid to leave it in the car with fear that in freezing temps it will burst the battery in it. So it sits at the house most of the time. Where is probably where I'll need it least. haha

That's the only thing that's stopped me from buying one lol. I think I might pick up the 1500 amp unit to leave in my desk drawer at work. 9/10 times I've needed a jump pack has been in my work parking lot.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wish they made one to fit my drill batteries.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
That's the only thing that's stopped me from buying one lol. I think I might pick up the 1500 amp unit to leave in my desk drawer at work. 9/10 times I've needed a jump pack has been in my work parking lot.
I actually googled about lithium batteries freezing. It said that -40 degrees is where they freeze. So typically they would be ok in the car. I might leave it in the car and take it out on days that are like zero or below. Just to be safe.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
Leave my Noco in the truck year round, no issues to date.

As for a full-size, battery in a box type - JumpNCarry is what you want. It's on pretty much every tow truck ever.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
1573500987486.png

I have this one and it works great but is too big to really use outside of the house, though I bring it on road trips.

I do need to look into one of these smaller ones just to keep it in the car.

GTPpower

Reaction score
I leave the li-ion batteries in my construction trailer year round. It gets down to -15 to -20 here in the winter. Maybe I shouldn't do that.

Pewter-Camaro

Reaction score
I’m have a little mini box like the ones posted above. Had it for 4-5 years now and It saved my ass a bunch of times when I had the Mustang and the wife had her beater Honda. I keep it in the truck year round and plug it into the 12v adapter once in a while.

Knowklew

Donating Member
Reaction score
Project Farm just did a comparison. Trying to find video

Turtle

Reaction score
I bought a costco one for $50. It’s the older one “type s” branded. It works great for my brother.

He had a parasitic draw on the beater car that we were never able to find. It would drain just enough to not start if it sat for 10+ hours. So pretty much used it daily to start the car.

Newer Costco model is $15 more and has wireless charging on the battery pack. No sure why they would do that case it’s 10k mah but triple the size of my normal 10k banks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom