What is the appeal of the NSX?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Holy fuck, that silver is the only color I like more than the blue on the late-model NSX's.

NSX's are probably the most riced out cars, of the few I see in person, most fall into the rice category.

I really don't give a fuck, they're nothing special. Cool, a slow but reliable "supercar" that gets more swingers than a hairbangers ball after party.

:drums:

Just fucking with you.... lol

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
:drums: Just fucking with you.... lol

Damn, you were bored huh?

As you can see, this car doesn't fit the rice category. Would I spent $70,000 or more on one as nice as this? Hell no, I can go a lot faster for the money. To me it's like a Supra if they were only offered N/A but had the same hype train they do. They're cool, but, relatively slow for the price you're paying. With that being said, if I wanted a slow and reliable "super car" this would be it.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The problem is, you don't know anything about it. You have no idea about the engineering that went into a that car. First car to below 7min at the ring. An engine with a lot of shit your american super cars don't have. Read up a bit on the NSX, you might be surprised to see it's not just a car that lacks power, it's an engineering marvel. This I dare you to do so, you'll respect it a lot more.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Never said they weren't cool. I've read into them, I'm not saying they're undeserving of praise, I just don't personally see the appeal. I like his because it's an '04 and in the color I like the most on those cars. You rarely see the newer ones out on the streets, the 3-4 I've ever seen were either red 94's or riced out with stance and shit that goes against any good the car had going for it.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
DSC08060-XL.jpg

DSC08063-XL.jpg

DSC08064-XL.jpg

Like this shit. If we're going to take the time to find a thread from 2012 and quote it, might as well bring the "rice" context in as well.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The appeal is for enthusiasts, that's the point I am making. Most can't justify the price of the car because there's a lot of cars that are a lot faster. It's a very Merican way of thinking. You can't appreciate a car like that unless you're into a car like that. You don't know the facts, you know what you read on some wiki website.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
You can't buy one, that's why they're awesome. They're just hard enough to get a hold of to keep idiots from fucking them up. And they'll only get more expensive. I like that.

There's still plenty of fucked up ones out there, that's what got me fired up in the first place in the four year old thread. You talk about how technologically advanced they are and how good of a track car it is, and then half the thread is filled with ones on 30 profile tires and wide body kits. Yeah, that's seeing a HPDE anytime soon :rofl:

I respect the car for what it is, I just hate when people rice them out. I think we're barking up the same tree, the only difference being you would buy one and I wouldn't unless it was cheap and I could flip it after a month.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The problem is, you don't know anything about it. You have no idea about the engineering that went into a that car. First car to below 7min at the ring. An engine with a lot of shit your american super cars don't have. Read up a bit on the NSX, you might be surprised to see it's not just a car that lacks power, it's an engineering marvel. This I dare you to do so, you'll respect it a lot more.

I would challenge you that the C4 ZR-1 had just as much engineering but was more fun to drive. :s00ls:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
You heard it here first folks, C4>NSX
[MENTION=2449]ilikemtb999[/MENTION]

And just because I know [MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION] is always serious :hsughlol: I just want to clarify that I understand that a regular C4 and a C4 ZR1 are VERY different cars and I am only making a lol.

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
As you can see, this car doesn't fit the rice category. Would I spent $70,000 or more on one as nice as this? Hell no, I can go a lot faster for the money. To me it's like a Supra if they were only offered N/A but had the same hype train they do. They're cool, but, relatively slow for the price you're paying. With that being said, if I wanted a slow and reliable "super car" this would be it.

I won't get into the history of the NSX because that's what the internet is for. Someone who buys the NSX purposely for speed is buying it for all the wrong reasons is all I am going to say.

It's like the original LFA. There's a lot of shit they went through to make that car what it is. Yes, it's very under powered. It loses races because it just doesn't have the power. But it's cool AF.

I disagree. Underpowered now in 2016 yes but not back in its time. It's main competitor was the Ferarri 348 and even out stretched that in a straightline form however we all know this car was not meant for the 1/4. It lives and breathes the twisties.

Never said they weren't cool. I've read into them, I'm not saying they're undeserving of praise, I just don't personally see the appeal.

The appeal is for enthusiasts, that's the point I am making. Most can't justify the price of the car because there's a lot of cars that are a lot faster.

^This. In my experience with the car last summer, I realized a few things. Everyone respects it (when they know what it is). From old Model T owners, to vette owners, to lifted truck owners, they all appreciate this car for it's history into the supercar world.
Heck, I was allowed in an "all GM" car show because the guy running the show appreciated it so much.

Jesus Jim... she's fucking gorgeous. If I were still in Chicago, I'd jerk you off for a ride in it. Hahahaha.

Haha what's up dude!? Long time. Thanks and sure thing. No handy needed.

Ah, "Wolf". The previous owner named her that based on this movie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info