3800 What is Rice???

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
this questino was posted in another forum I visit....

so what is rice?

My response:

Trying to make your car look faster than it really is ... more time and effort being devoted to fart cans, graphics, wheels/tires, big spoilers, chrome, etc etc... for the sole purpose of making your car look like it can move than spent actually adding go fast goodies to it (This includes adding a nitrous kit if you never intend to use it)

As for the origin of the term "Rice" ... I do believe it originated because of Motorcycles and not cars? "Rice Rockets", prolly by Indian/Harley Davidson owners) ... originally meant as a derrogatory term commenting on the people that made the bikes... we've now accepted it as a derrogatory term about the car and it's lost it's linkage to those that actually make the cars

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by syP@Jan 22 2005, 12:41 AM
so those people who own Grand Prix's that are bone stock with performance

:confused:

If Fredo was stock in performance, would he be rice?

I think Rice is an attidude.
[snapback]68450[/snapback]​

i've thought of it that way too, if you make your car LOOK fast but then you dont have any power with it then you are rice. Yet again some people do like doing apperence first then performance what would you call them?

As for me I mixed it up. I started with apperance and mods at the same time, would you think of me as rice? I wouldnt and that goes to anyone else who does it too as long as you are going to MOD your car and not MAKE it look fast.

I-Dom-In-8

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Nw side
Rice is putting a GTX badge on your car when it didnt come off the line as one.

Rice is putting a SVT badge on your car when it didnt come off the line as one.

Rice is putting a SI badge on your car when it didnt come off the line as one

Do you get the drfit

Just because you wont like someone bodykit or vinal dosent mean it rice. It means they have no taste.

JNGTP94

Regular
Jan 1, 2008
rice is an attitude, but remember ppl used to call cars rice burners, ive always heard this was because they were japanese cars....i never cared enough to figure it out, but i also think the whole "rice" talk is retareded.

i do hate it when ppl buy shit for their car and dont paint it tho... its like wtf??? that makes it look worse dumbass... now if ur driving it in to have it painted then sure but when u see the car over and over again your just like omg... i dont think i would call this rice but i dont know what to call it either. gay works tho lol

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8@Jan 22 2005, 09:23 AM

[snapback]68473[/snapback]​

DAMN!! I guess i'm going to be rice.. :p

But then if SLP's GTX were unique,(which they were) they wouldnt put there products out there to sell.

For example:
SLP Wings Gen 1 & 2
SLP Hood
SLP Pully
SLP Ram Air Box
SLP muffler tips
and now there badges.

So for some situations if you have a stock car and buy these parts then you would have a "FAKE GTX" just not official cause like you said it didnt come off the line. But they dont. They just add the parts at SLP or Dealership and certifiy it.

Did this make sense? :blink:

I

imported_Theautoguy

Originally posted by mybluegtp+Jan 22 2005, 12:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-I-Dom-In-8
@Jan 22 2005, 09:23 AM

[snapback]68473[/snapback]​

DAMN!! I guess i'm going to be rice.. :p

[/b]

Count me in there now. I replaced the Regal badging with GSX badges because the car was a little too plain for me in summer trim. Further, it's faster than the SLP born GSX's anyway. I think it looks better and noone has ever called it "rice". Saying that all re-badging is "rice" is like saying that everyone with a "your-car-name-here" sunshade thing across their windshield is just waiting for the dingle balls and hydraulic kit to show up from Fed-X. :p

I'm in the "making the car look way faster than it really is" club.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info