đź’¦ Detailing What is in your car detailing tool chest?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yesssssssss

GUZ3IHY.jpg

Maybe now I'll have some motivation to wash my car this weekend. Tho it hasn't all been laziness, its been getting windy as shit here lately in the afternoons blowing dust and shit all over, so its been pretty pointless to try and clean anything. Hopefully that'll hold off this weekend

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Strong or mild leather cleaner ? Either way, I suggest a small bucket of clean water to rinse the brush. The cleaner stays pretty foamy in between the bristles

Not really sure, I bought it based off Pan's vid for cars with "older" leather, as in 3-5+ years old. Gonna be real curious to see what this does to my shiny smooth GTO steering wheel :LOL:

Reactions: SleeperLS

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Yesssssssss

GUZ3IHY.jpg

Maybe now I'll have some motivation to wash my car this weekend. Tho it hasn't all been laziness, its been getting windy as shit here lately in the afternoons blowing dust and shit all over, so its been pretty pointless to try and clean anything. Hopefully that'll hold off this weekend

Paul you are going DEEP on the supplies as of late! I like it

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Paul you are going DEEP on the supplies as of late! I like it

You know as well as anyone, once you jump in that rabbit hole, it goes deeeeeeeep :ROFLMAO:

I couldn't wait, I had to play with my new toys, so I washed my wheels after I got home from work today. Mixed up a batch in the foamer (ROUGHLY 5:1), And tried just spraying it on my passenger front tire to see what would happen. Let it dwell a bit, rinsed it off, got off SOME of the filth, but much still remained. No big surprise really. Like I said earlier, my wheels arent coated, and I'm not blasting it w/ a pressure washer either. So when I got to my drivers tire, I took my usual approach. Here it is in all it's glory!

JzKbBhf.jpg

Rinsed it down first, I love watching all the black soot wash down the driveway even from just a rinse :LOL:. Then I foamed it up and let that dwell while I hit the insides w/ my barrel brush

M1NGWwb.jpg

Rinsed it all off, foamed it up again and gave it a proper wipe down/rinse

2ivoGoM.jpg

So much better! The water in my bucket was COMPLETELY black. Also had a little mr pink in it for some added suds while cleaning

AZXkyH6.jpg

Overall I'm happy w/ it. I love the foamer. Kept the "medium" foam plug in there that it comes with. Sprayed out nice and thick. Tho the damn button on top is so large and easy to press, several times when I was pumping it up I'd knock the button and........prematurely foam. I swear its the first time its ever happened to me!

I mostly just like that this stuff is gonna last me a loooooong time now. I always seem to be out of wheel cleaner whenever I go to wash my car. Not anymore! Tomorrow I'll wash the rest of the car.

BIGONTS

Addict
May 23, 2005
It looks like a lot of you know what you are doing so I figure I'll put it out there. I have a truck that needs a full outside only detail. It's pretty clean, just the paint needs to be going through. It's a gray 2012 Tundra Crewmax. Not a work truck at all that is all trashed. I'm located out south near Burbank. Please let me know if you are interested in this job. Thanks,

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
It looks like a lot of you know what you are doing so I figure I'll put it out there. I have a truck that needs a full outside only detail. It's pretty clean, just the paint needs to be going through. It's a gray 2012 Tundra Crewmax. Not a work truck at all that is all trashed. I'm located out south near Burbank. Please let me know if you are interested in this job. Thanks,

This is Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ territory

Reactions: Mook

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

I will send you a PM... Full size trucks are tough since they do not fit in my garage.
More to follow.

thanks bruh

Reactions: greasy

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I need to figure out a glass polish that will fix my vette up. There is a fair bit of hard water etching and scratches in the rear and front glass. Tried clay a clay bar and some paint polish stuff I had laying around and it didn't do anything. I am thinking I need a dedicated glass polish and pad. Thinking about the car pro stuff.

Anyone polished glass before?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info