đź’¦ Detailing What is in your car detailing tool chest?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So I've seen some detailers (one being a professional) say that the foam gun / pressure washer...wash...is mostly just a gimmic. Calling it "an Instagram wash". Thoughts?

i feel it definitely has benefits to loosening up/removing dirt and grime before you actually touch the car w/ a wash mitt. The only time i feel it's gimmicky is when they make the foam ultra shaving foam thick and just plaster the car. Thats your instagram wash.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got my AG order today. Surprised the hell out of me cuz I never even got a shipping notice :LOL:. Mostly just the usual stuff, reload, reset, hydro2 lite, and I decided to get the flyby30 window coating kit. Figured id give it a shot, never done a dedicated window coating before, but more and more lately it seems like whenever I clean my windows, no matter how much I try wipe them down, there's still light streaks/haze on them. Don't think i'll break out the machine polisher, cuz my windows really arent BAD, so the polishing block that comes w/ the kit should do the trick hopefully. They also threw in a couple free towels. Sweet.

gMb4aZq.jpg

Still have some more items to order from amazon, but this is a step in the right direction. I'm holding off on picking up any Essence+ for the bmw since its now 115+ out every day, and even in a garage out of the sun its just unbelieveably unbearable to work. Once the monsoons and dust storms have had their way w/ us after late fall/winter I'll tackle that project then when it finally cools down.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Curious how that fly by 30 works. I’ve been considering that or that Aquapel. I need to clay and glass polish my windshield. I only have 40k miles but it’s mostly highway and my windshield has taken some hits. For as fragile as these VW windshields are I’m amazed mine hasn’t been cracked yet. Now that I posted that it’ll happen tomorrow.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
What’s everybody using for “clay” decontamination mitts these days? Need to do my clay, polish and seal routine and would like to move into the 21st century. Also are you using them with a second coating of soap as lube, or using something special? Typically by the time I’m done clay barring I’ve lost motivation and only finish the project because the paint isn’t completely naked and slightly marred.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What’s everybody using for “clay” decontamination mitts these days? Need to do my clay, polish and seal routine and would like to move into the 21st century. Also are you using them with a second coating of soap as lube, or using something special? Typically by the time I’m done clay barring I’ve lost motivation and only finish the project because the paint isn’t completely naked and slightly marred.

I just got this guy earlier this year, I use it during the wash process or right before the dry process and it works awesome. Never using traditional clay again.

Reactions: DanJ

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

nano skin handy towel ( is more than mild but not aggressive ) and nano skin glide for lubrication

Mook Mook

P&S brake buster in gallon form can be had for like $25 bucks on amazon

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
P&S brake buster in gallon form can be had for like $25 bucks on amazon

Just went on a small amazon splurge. Bought a gallon of brake buster, and the adams foam sprayer for the purposes of cleaning my wheels/tires, and also bought a colourlock leather care kit and brush for the purposes of cleaning my steering wheels.

Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ used your links from your vid to purchase the brake buster and adam's sprayer (y)

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
So what's people's doing to polish painted wheels? I used the chemical guys green wax on my wheels but it didn't do a thing... Dull as ever. Thinking I gotta cut them with something

Green Wax is a protective layer.
in order to fix the dullness, the wheels would need to be polished. just like paint needs to be "corrected" / polished to remove scratches and swirls creating a crisp/clear finish prior to protection.

Reactions: greasy and DEEZUZ

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
That’s been the nicest thing with the Gtechniq wheel coating. My pads dust like crazy and a pressure washer, car wash soap and an assortment of brushes and wheel woolies get them clean clean.

I've been using the autofanatic wheel cleaning foam on my coated wheels. I have a gallon of brake buster waiting....
watching obsessed garage, he's been using the brake buster in a foam cannon. he does not use water/ car shampoo in a bucket for the wheel tools
just rinses the brushes as he goes with the pressure washer.

Reactions: DanJ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info