What intakes are y'all runnin?

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Reaction score
As title states, and do you like it? Did you feel a difference?

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
ive personally tested a bunch on my own truck and the AEM, with its built in maf mounting flange, made more power then the JLT and K&N...

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
I made my own. By hand.

You 'mainstream' engine guys are spoiled rotten.:rolleyes:;)

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
I made my own. By hand.

You 'mainstream' engine guys are spoiled rotten.:rolleyes:;)
ive worked with a number of CAI companies and some of them have the same though process as you. Some of the companies think that bigger is better and thats it.. BUT, i have worked with companies that have airflow engineers and software and it's quite an eye opener... when a CAI is designed properly, you can actually see a big difference over some oversized PVC tube.

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
ive worked with a number of CAI companies and some of them have the same though process as you. Some of the companies think that bigger is better and thats it.. BUT, i have worked with companies that have airflow engineers and software and it's quite an eye opener... when a CAI is designed properly, you can actually see a big difference over some oversized PVC tube.
Let me restate that for you.
An entire intake manifold from throttle body to heads, fuel rails, the whole 9 1/2 yards, out of aluminum, some bolted, some welded. Including positive displacement supercharger.

No PVC hot air intake here, Sir.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
I understand for proper gains, but I'm just looking to replace the stocker at the moment. I don't have the coin for a tune yet.
the JLT will require a tune though.. i would stick it aside until you can afford a tune.. it leans out the a/f as much as 10%..

peteraugusts

Reaction score
Well, I decided to run my car today with a stock Contour SVT airbox and a paper filter. The car has always felt faster with this intake, but I always refused to believe that it made more power than an open K&N filter.

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Reaction score
the JLT will require a tune though.. i would stick it aside until you can afford a tune.. it leans out the a/f as much as 10%..
I was running around WOT with JLT RAI no tune.. Never knew it needed a tune!

Glad you hooked me up 2 weeks ago with one.

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Reaction score
AEM for my lightning and its tuned buy Bob Kurgan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom