Gaming What game are you currently playing?

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Replaying Death Stranding again for the 2nd time. I forgot how weird this game is.
After that, I'll probably do Cyberpunk 2077 for a 2nd playthrough since the big version 1.5 update recently came out.

I really wish I could get a new graphics card, but they are nowhere to be found, so I'm playing on an ancient GTX 1080.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Started Dying Light again. Beat it years ago but don’t really remember it much. There’s apparently a game and a half worth of DLC they added since then and I never touched it. So going to play campaign long enough to get the “recommended” levels and then start the new content.

Got INCREDIBLY bad motion sickness the first hour I got back into it. :rofl: all the parkour and cutscenes have ridiculous head bob/movement.

Reactions: importcrew

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Since I now have the 3080ti, I decided to play some of the older games that I couldn't quite max out on. Its been a long time since I played Bioshock: Infinite. I think the last time I played it was probably when I had a GTX980 and 4790k combo.

Loaded it up, Maxed out everything, running in full 5120x1440p.

With V-sync locked, and G-sync active, I'm holding 240fps pretty much all the time, I occasionally see it dip to the 220's.

I forgot how much I enjoyed the atmosphere with this game. Just the first level has so much cool stuff to explore. I'm sure I found it once, years ago, but its been so long I've forgotten so much except the broad strokes. So its a little like playing it again for the first time.

And just because. Elizabeth.

1647052239653.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Horizon Zero Dawn West….. it’s fantastic so far. Very story heavy, graphics are amazing but the PS does have some issues keeping up sometimes. Some real small bugs but nothing crazy. Not very far but really enjoying the game so far.

I love games with a strong focus on story. I have this on my wish list, trying to decide if I want to buy it.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Since I now have the 3080ti, I decided to play some of the older games that I couldn't quite max out on. Its been a long time since I played Bioshock: Infinite. I think the last time I played it was probably when I had a GTX980 and 4790k combo.

Loaded it up, Maxed out everything, running in full 5120x1440p.

With V-sync locked, and G-sync active, I'm holding 240fps pretty much all the time, I occasionally see it dip to the 220's.

I forgot how much I enjoyed the atmosphere with this game. Just the first level has so much cool stuff to explore. I'm sure I found it once, years ago, but its been so long I've forgotten so much except the broad strokes. So its a little like playing it again for the first time.

And just because. Elizabeth.

View attachment 114268

Last time I played infinite i was probably on my 970. I've really been wanting to give it another run w/ my 3070ti now

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Where are you guys getting these video cards? I've been trying to get my paws on a 3080ti for a somewhat reasonable price.
Any suggestions?
I was lucky, it popped up on Amazon.

I can find 3080ti's all day for about $1500-$1800 brand new.

The 3080's? God, those are near impossible to find.

3070Ti's under $1100. Which is sad, cause that should be a $600 card at most.

I kind of wonder if the 3080Ti's and 3090's aren't as desirable for miners. Maybe the cost of the card vs its mining performance isn't good so its easier to find closer to MSRP.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I kind of wonder if the 3080Ti's and 3090's aren't as desirable for miners. Maybe the cost of the card vs its mining performance isn't good so its easier to find closer to MSRP.
That is exactly why they aren't as in demand. Although when prices were sky high for etheruem people were still grabbing the expensive ones and they would break even quicker. The sweet spot was the 3070's for a lot of them. The higher end ones were mostly scalpers buying and reselling them.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Still playing Ticket to Ride. We are at expert level now. I am on a roll and have won 8 of the last 10 games. My friends are trying to adjust to my new strategy. Amy and the two of them all blocked my routes for the last game last night and that knocked me down to 2nd place for that game.

We are looking at tournaments around the country to see if we want to take a vacation and go play in one of them.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Got back into DayZ. On console this time. I briefly played when it was the Arma 2 mod, but wanted to play a survival game with my brothers. I let them decide which game and they chose this one. So I started playing again about a week or two ago.
uuuhhh.. DayZ on console is just terrible unless its on a PS5. tried it on the PS4 and nope quickly went back to PC. I'm almost 3000 hours in DayZ on PC. lol!

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
@
I had to quit DayZ. People seeing you in bushes as they full-bore sprint through the trees and 180 you in half a second yet I can't see someone standing in front of me for 20 seconds and still die.

I'm becoming too boomer for any kind of FPS game.
03GTGreen 03GTGreen and I complain we're getting too old too. Fucking kids and their autistic level skills and PC master race ruin games.

Thread Info