What events do you want to race this year?

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Signed up for Gridlife Autobahn and trackday picnic at Blackhawk farms, trying to find some events at gingerman and Road america (if/when I can get the datsun track ready)

Autobahn June 25-26

Track Day Picnic - Blackhawk Farms raceway - Saturday, May 21-22

Some other groups I have tracked with and their schedules.
April 9-10, 2022: NCM Motorsports Park [Bowling Green, KY]: "Track Freedom Track Weekend"
May 14-15, 2022: Road America [Elkhart Lake, WI]: "Escape the Heat"
June 20, 2022: Autobahn Country Club [Joliet, IL]: "Monday In June" [Full 3.56 Mile Track]
July 16-17, 2022: Ozarks International Raceway (OIR) [Gravois Mills, MO]: "Show Me OIR"
August 22, 2022: Autobahn Country Club [Joliet, IL]: "Monday At The Bahn" [Full 3.56 Mile Track]
September 10-11, 2022: Road America [Elkhart Lake, WI]: "Cheese Heads On Track"
October 22-23, 2022: Ozarks International Raceway (OIR) [Gravois Mill, MO]: "MVP at OIR"

Season Opener at Gingerman Raceway - April 16-17 (Sat/Sun)

2022 Schedule below, registration is open here: GPSTrackTime.com!:
April 9, Sat. at the Autobahn SOUTH track ($254): http://gpstracktime.com/autobahn-s-circuit/
April 23-24 weekend at GingerMan ($186 one day or $299 both days!): http://gpstracktime.com/gingerman-raceway/
June 5, Sun. at Blackhawk Farms ($216): http://gpstracktime.com/blackhawk/
July 2-3 weekend at GingerMan ($189 one day or $299 both days!): http://gpstracktime.com/gingerman-july/

Reactions: J-LO and sickmint79

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
think i'm getting rusty and slower :p still traveling with my helmet tho
I ran like 2 lemons events where I only got to drive about an hour and a half at gingerman before we lost 3rd gear. And just had a second kid about 4 months ago. So just throwing events on the calendar when I can. I am sure I am super rusty. Going to have to buy some new brake fluid and Hankook RS4's for the Mazda3. I really want to run gingerman in my mazda3 after running it in a "racecar" mazda3 to see what the difference is in suspension setup and the lack of stiffness from a cage.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I ran like 2 lemons events where I only got to drive about an hour and a half at gingerman before we lost 3rd gear. And just had a second kid about 4 months ago. So just throwing events on the calendar when I can. I am sure I am super rusty. Going to have to buy some new brake fluid and Hankook RS4's for the Mazda3. I really want to run gingerman in my mazda3 after running it in a "racecar" mazda3 to see what the difference is in suspension setup and the lack of stiffness from a cage.
my net driving experience since november 2019 is

1. borrowing mom's car to grocery shopping, the gym, chipotle, and starbucks 20 times
2. renting a 65 hp car in thailand once to check in with immigration
3. karting twice in mexico city

did ok karting tho

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
SCCA Track night in america

Track Night 2022: Blackhawk Farms Raceway - May 10

Track Night 2022: GingerMan Raceway - May 19

These are great events to go to if you are new and just want to see how you like things.

Example Schedule.
EVENT SCHEDULE

3:00PM- Gates Open
3:30PM- Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)
3:45PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING
4:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Paced Laps; MANDATORY ADVANCED GROUP and INTERMEDIATE GROUP MEETING
4:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 1
4:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 1
4:40PM - Intermediate Group: Session 1
5:00PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 1
5:20PM - Advanced Group: Session 2
5:25PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 2
5:40PM - Intermediate Group: Session 2
6:00PM - Track Tour Laps (Open to All)
6:20PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 2
6:40PM - Advanced Group: Session 3
6:45PM - KONI Novice Group: Briefing 3
7:00PM - Intermediate Group: Session 3
7:20PM - KONI Novice Group: Session 3
7:40PM - Track Close
9:00PM - Gates Close

Reactions: sickmint79

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
So the past two years i've done a lot of track days at autobahn and one at Blackhawk farms. I am hoping to do a bit more. Right now the couple things on my radar: Chicago Region SCCA autocross schedule (learning event April 2nd/3rd). Never done autocross before but want to give it a shot this year.
The first track i'm trying to get to is road america April 30th/May 1st.
If i can knock Road America and Gingerman off the list this year i'll be happy.
I'll definitely be out at Autobahn with Laps Track Days for most of their Monday events. I usually run autobahn with MVP tracktime too.

1647226757029.png
1647226798743.png

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I think I'll just be doing WMHM22 (full weekend at Gingerman) and MAYBE one event at AB full. I am not enticed with how bumpy the south track is getting and I have to say, AB full after like 2-3 sessions is kinda boring... (fight me) but it's local and that drive to Gingerman is soooo brutal. When we did the Carona track day at Gman with Kmiata we got there in less than 2hrs, now it's back up to 3+hrs.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Just booked Road America for 5/15:) (MVP Tracktime).
I’m excited, it will be my first time there. Unfortunately I was a day late and intermediate was full so I’ll be running in novice but with the straights there I’m sure it will be a good time.

Will anyone else be there?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just booked Road America for 5/15:) (MVP Tracktime).
I’m excited, it will be my first time there. Unfortunately I was a day late and intermediate was full so I’ll be running in novice but with the straights there I’m sure it will be a good time.

Will anyone else be there?
Hmm. Since it’s a Sunday, if the weather is cooperative I can see about driving or riding up with some camera gear.

Would just need to figure a way to know when peoples are on track and where, so I’m ready to shoot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info