what does tcg think

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
im sure an impala SS is less to insure than a GP GTP. so again.. for his budget, he wants a a roomy gas sipper with good pick up, and most likely american made.

i doubt the insurance would be lower since the implala is newer. also, there is no difference in insurance between a GTP and a GT. for the price that dealership is probably selling that car, he could have a lower mile 04 GTO for the same or even less. RWD, V8, and a much much nicer interior. insurance however would kill him though....

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
wow i love how i could have any car on earth, and you think its a piece of shit because of $.02 of vinyl strips. guess what, i can take them off.... you cant make that impala not suck no matter what you do.
Did I strike a nerve?

I was joking if it matters :rofl: , notice the emoticon after the comment..

One word for you s00ls...

Why?

It's basically the same car you already own in a different color. :dunno:
I like my car more than a lot of other cars out there.. but I want one in a different color, newer, etc.

:dunno:

When it comes down to it -

>>> everyone is into something different. If we all liked the same things, the car world and life in general would be boring. <<<

ehh... why did all the GP guys go from a GT to a GTP? why mod your GTP? in the end its "the same old grandpa car" its not. he cant afford a V8 cause of insurance, gas, and initial price, so whats wrong with a S/C V6? im sure an impala SS is less to insure than a GP GTP. so again.. for his budget, he wants a a roomy gas sipper with good pick up, and most likely american made.

Go For it. the color rocks.
if money was not an issue, I'd have an '04 Barbados Blue Metallic GTO with the 6 speed without a question.

HOWEVER.. Insuring that car would kill me. I wouldn't be able to make it.

Everything you said basically was on the spot.

waste of money. waste of time. and ur just going to blow it up again
You know what? Since you claim to be such a mature individual, having all these responsibilities, maybe we should meet up and discuss whatever "issues" you have with me like men..

If you don't want to do that, stop harassing me. I don't appreciate it.. Grow up and act like the "man" you claim to be. :thumbdown:

i would understand if you had a boner for nice cars... but we are talking about an impala here.... besides the L67, what is good about that vehicle? honestly?
I do have a "boner for nice cars" but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy your "mundane", "average", "run of the mill" vehicles that you see from day to day. Again, everyone is into something different.

i doubt the insurance would be lower since the implala is newer. also, there is no difference in insurance between a GTP and a GT. for the price that dealership is probably selling that car, he could have a lower mile 04 GTO for the same or even less. RWD, V8, and a much much nicer interior. insurance however would kill him though....
yep :(

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
You know what? Since you claim to be such a mature individual, having all these responsibilities, maybe we should meet up and discuss whatever "issues" you have with me like men..

If you don't want to do that, stop harassing me. I don't appreciate it.. Grow up and act like the "man" you claim to be. :thumbdown:

Did i strike a nerve?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
s00ls: If you can afford it; go for it.

Fish: FWIW my '02s Insurance for a GT and GTP are the same.

I was quoted differently for GTPs and GTs from Progressive, All State, and State Farm. Then again, this was back in 03. These cars are so cheap now, so who knows what has changed in the last 6 years.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I was quoted differently for GTPs and GTs from Progressive, All State, and State Farm. Then again, this was back in 03. These cars are so cheap now, so who knows what has changed in the last 6 years.

I can almost guarantee you that they will be quoted differently. My contour even though it wouldn't sell for more than $2000, was a few hundred dollars a year more than the standard contour. EVERYTHING is taken into consideration when calculating insurance rates, place of residence, year of car, your age, driving record, motor car has, how many doors, crash test ratings, security system, color. They have their mathematical formula, and all they do is enter your VIN and it'll take all the different items that are on your car and give you a quote. My agent is helping me out and keeping my residence in Macomb for as long as possible because my insurance is $300 a year cheaper if i'm living down t here as apposed to up here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info