• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

What do you think of the WBS modified Rails?

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Some people like them, some dont..

i am gettin an intercooler within the next 2 paychecks... how do you feel about the WBS custom fuel rails?

i just cannot justify spending $300-400 on rails :(

what do you think?

tonys99gtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by syP@Oct 9 2006, 10:41 PM
Some people like them, some dont..

i am gettin an intercooler within the next 2 paychecks... how do you feel about the WBS custom fuel rails?

i just cannot justify spending $300-400 on rails :(

what do you think?
[snapback]141999[/snapback]​
Syp, I bought some extended rails from Jet awhile ago I havent gotten around to using them they are the modified stockers. If I am not mistaken they were done at zzp. They dont have the fpr. They yours if you want them. Tony

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Originally posted by SINr247@Oct 10 2006, 06:39 AM
i think you have to wait till the rails actuly come out to compare, they should be nice.
[snapback]142056[/snapback]​
ORLY?? Cause thats not what syP said you said what he said or something like that.

Heres a quote just in case it gets edited.

Bob told me not to buy your rails (sinr247)

how about just injector spacers from ZZP??? i assume since no one said anything about them yet, that they will not work with the WBS intercooler?
Whos lyin??

Also, FWIW, I thought you would have known by now you get what you pay for in this damn community. Chopped rails, or quality PRJs. If you cant afford them, you dont need the IC. But I thought you were selling your car?

Royalgtp

Reaction score
I had the PRJs and they really are great quality except for that they shipped me one hose 3/4 to short........

anyway, the dress up your engine and make everthing look very proffesional.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
if he was looking to get rails today 10-10 -06, WBS is not an option, me and syp talked about wasting 400+ dollars on fuel rails ....thats a complete waste unless you need 1/2 feed which most dont. i have discussed with the makers of the rails and changed my mind after hearing a few problems that stopped them and how they are going to be done correctly from a differnt appproch. i am actully very intrested in them... now.....which is why we might run them on ravens.......
spacers are for the SSIC i belive and the Intense ones dont work with some other ICs ive heard.
chopped rails are fine...most just dont trust it(even tho vendors have been doing it in there shops for a while....ie zzp, and i think thrasher did before there rails came out

but as long as fish is keeping tabs on the he said, she said stuff life can now continue :p

and ill give it up to WBS for making a better option then then blowing 400 on a cosmetic item(my opinion,cut rails work just fine,so it would be for looks)\

and quality per $ is somthing none of us can make an opinion on cause no one has had a in hand comparisson(of finished product).
its up to syp, and rather then asking us that just form opinions on these boards

CALL THE VENDORS AND TALK TO THEM, i see some even replyed to that clubgp post
if syp is going all out WBS, stay with them, he obviously likes there product and is not changing his mind about it. plus if anything goes wrong only 1 vendor to talk to about the whole setup-less hassle

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Bob, you don't owe anyone an explanation. I realize "don't go with this fuel rail" can mean a million things other than "it's junk" however that's what people want to pull out of it because it's dramatic. I didn't question it so don't feel that you owe anyone an explanation.

I was admitedly curious as to why you said that however.

[email protected]

Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
IF the WBS rails end up looking like the ones Ron made for himself, I'd say they're worth it. The simple fact that you can remove the blower without the rails coming off makes that worth it. Rails not going over the blower also cleans up the engine bay alot IMO.

There's a possibility that not having the lines directly over the blower could keep the fuel cooler as well. My only concern with the rails like Ron's would be the angles of the stock lines going into and out of the rails. Moving those lines at all from the stock locations risks kinking them, but that's really an issue with ALL aftermarket rails/logs, so that's not unique to the WBS design.

MT

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Good point with the kinking Mat. Ron took that into account when he made the lines (thus the positioning of the rear line). The front will require care when installing however.

Fish

Reaction score
Yeah, I keep tabs on syp. :rolleyes: I just noticed his thread on clubgp and saw that. Found it interesting myself. Sorry if you got caught up with your big mouth again.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I have no idea what you're talking about... but point taken and filed.

Fish

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike K@Oct 10 2006, 06:57 PM
[snapback]142203[/snapback]​
How big is my file?? :lolsign: Is it semi small, or is it like Jim Careys in Bruce Almighty??

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i like the ideas that ron has for them, and i like the looks of the set he has made up (not as good looking as prj or zzp but $$$). i say go with them man!

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike K@Oct 10 2006, 06:57 PM
[snapback]142203[/snapback]​
Was Brian even talking to you, Mike, or was he talking to Bob??
:eek: ;)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Kyle@Oct 10 2006, 09:06 PM
when are those gonna be out?
[snapback]142214[/snapback]​
First sets shipped tonight. There is already a sizeable BO, so we're digging in and are going to keep kicking out sets as quickly as possible. Kinda blows for me, because the sets we're making now are nicer than the job I did on my own car.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
no1 says you cant just swap a set onto yours :)

If i was to place an order for those now... i Will be put on a waitin list, i understand that... But when my slot becomes available, withh it be shipped to me, granted i paid weeks in advance??

Kyle

Reaction score
so ron I was wanting to have a GEN V installed and maybe some other things checked out, would there be rails ready around halloween sometime and would you be free to intall a GEN V and those rails, and maybe a break upgrade?

sorry to thread jack.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
If I was to put in my order now, can anyone tell me about how long the wait may be. Will WBS be taking cut up rails as core return? There is a lot of good useable parts still on there.

1BADGTP

Reaction score
The set i put on worked awsome! took the TB off to make it easy as i could. Should be really easy when the supercharger is off though.

Good job Ron!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 2000gpgt@Oct 12 2006, 05:34 PM
If I was to put in my order now, can anyone tell me about how long the wait may be. Will WBS be taking cut up rails as core return? There is a lot of good useable parts still on there.
[snapback]142396[/snapback]​
Can't use cut-up rails. I need them intact because I need to use a lot of what's there.

[email protected]

Somebody buy this thing
Reaction score
If WBS needs fuel rail cores, I have one at home I can probably get sent to you guys...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom