what do you hate/dislike/not enjoy/fail at cooking?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I hate cooking chicken. I'm always worried it's under cooked

Meat thermometer is your best friend especially for chicken and pork.
I pull bone in chicken breasts off the grill at 160, let them rest 10 min and done!
I hate cooking fish, and that means all fish. Not a fan of fish but my wife is and she usually has me grill it for her.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
No chance. I have a couple processors and they don't do as clean a job. Using a sharp knife for clean cuts helps the little bits of veggies retain more moisture. I think that makes the difference between OK salsa and awesome salsa.

My knife work needs so much help. But honestly, I have the Pampered Chef version of the "slap-chop" and it works really well for me. It isn't as good as a chef with good knife skills. But it beats my knife skills and food processor by far.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
for me. round steak. fuck round steak.

worthless piece of jack shit meat.

no way to do anything good with round aside from grinding it into ground beef.

Try tenderizing it with a tenderizer mallet then just searing each side for maybe half a minute. Season with S & P. I do several things with round steak. Pepper and onions, round steak in gravy with mashed potatoes, sandwiches, etc. If you sear the steak and then use the pan for gravy, you get some good flavor.

BTW, thanks for an idea. I'm going to head out to K&J this week and get some flank steak so I can do bacon wrapped flank steak rounds. Damn, they are good. Cut the flank steak into strips, wrap it around a piece of bacon and toothpick it shut. Season with S&P, garlic, maybe a little Worcestershire sauce. Fry it up in the pan to medium rare. IIRC. I pre cook the bacon a little before wrapping it up.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What do you pull them off at? I have seen and read about people taking them off at 140, but IDK about all that.

140 or so if the grill was rippin'. if cooler 150.

Try tenderizing it with a tenderizer mallet then just searing each side for maybe half a minute. Season with S & P. I do several things with round steak. Pepper and onions, round steak in gravy with mashed potatoes, sandwiches, etc. If you sear the steak and then use the pan for gravy, you get some good flavor.

BTW, thanks for an idea. I'm going to head out to K&J this week and get some flank steak so I can do bacon wrapped flank steak rounds. Damn, they are good. Cut the flank steak into strips, wrap it around a piece of bacon and toothpick it shut. Season with S&P, garlic, maybe a little Worcestershire sauce. Fry it up in the pan to medium rare. IIRC. I pre cook the bacon a little before wrapping it up.

fuck that. ill just buy meat that doesn't suck.

you're lying to yourself if you enjoy it.

you can do so much more with something else that is cheap that has flavor... like chuck.

flank steak is delicious and easy. it doesn't suck.

that also sounds like a waste of flank steak and a waste of bacon :rofl: each are so good on their own... they don't need eachother.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
[MENTION=2761]Shawn1112[/MENTION]

How to Grill the Juiciest Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts | Serious Eats

The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Chicken Breast | Serious Eats

i preach about this site regularly... i seriously love it because he uses science to back everything up.

If you do want to try to take the temp, 150°F (66°C) is your goal. That's a bit lower than the 165°F (74°C) recommended by the FDA, but if you go as high as the FDA says, you'll be guaranteed dry chicken breast. The thing to remember is that rendering food safe to eat is a factor of both temperature and time. That means that if your chicken reaches 150°F and stays at that temperature for just three minutes, it's as safe to eat as chicken cooked to 165°F, a temperature that renders the chicken instantly safe to eat. (You can read more about the safety of 150°F chicken here.)

Pasteurization Time for Chicken With 5% Fat Content (7-log10 lethality)
[TOP]
Temperature Time
136°F (58°C) 68.4 minutes
140°F (60°C) 27.5 minutes
145°F (63°C) 9.2 minutes
150°F (66°C) 2.8 minutes
155°F (68°C) 47.7 seconds
160°F (71°C) 14.8 seconds
165°F (74°C) Instant

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I cannot bake anything worth a shit. Baking is a mysterious magic. I fuck up even the break and bake cookies.

I pull the cookies from the oven 2 minutes under what their lowest cooking time is. For example. Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes. Take them out at 10 and leave them on the pan to cool. The bottoms will stiffen up and the cookie will still be soft.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info