What do you guys think about this hood??

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
guy on my stratus/sebring sedan totaled his turbo r/t and I think I'm lookin to pick up his hood since mine has a nice dent from a UIM blast...

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

It's CF I believe and would probably be a better choice than trying to fix my stock hood...
You guys like? or is it a too ricey....?

TIA

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
is the hood actually straight?

looks jacked up

+1

could just be since the fenders are so out of whack, but it looks wierd.

if you got it and painted it, i think it might look OK, but if you just left the bare carbon fiber, i don't really think it would look that good on your car. youve got a clean car and that would just kind of detract from it IMO

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I like how the battery is dangling out of the car.

i'd say if it was like $50-100 pick it up, if nothing else than you can resell it if you don't like it, anything above that I'd say no especially since it was in such a bad wreck who knows if that hood is structurally sound anymore CF is brittle as all hell.

*edit

I'd recommend painting it to match your car as well as it would like rice if bare CF

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I personally think its rice, and money would be better spent else where. That belongs on a Camaro not a Sebring. Besides why even ask on here, if you like it get it. How much does he want for it?

working on the how much part. But I just wanted to get some input, I always take suggestions for appearance mods.

I don't think CF hoods will bend so it's either broken or not, I think... someone can clarify this...

I would probably get it painted.

I also understand the camaro part, but imitation is the best form of flattery... :D I would have a camaro if I could...

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Don't Optimas have a lifetime warranty? I ran one in my old car and had no complaints. I have to agree though, you're car looks better with more of a sleeper look. I'd rather have a car that's faster than it looks than a car that looks faster than it is.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
also, you say this cars in LA? that means this hoods gonna have to be shipped to you. whos gonna pay for that? and frankly i wouldnt buy anything thats been in an accident if i couldnt physically go and inspect it myself before its bought. i dont know...the more i think about it, id stay away from this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info