What do you believe in huh? WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN!!??!?!?!

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
I betcha people we be on the same page and not argue as much if you realized what they actually like and think VS what politicians they agree with.

For instance, I didnt care for Obama, but liked the fact he kept Net Neutrality in place while he was in office. I like Trump for the most part, but hate how Net Neutrality went to the wayside. Basically I dont have to agree with everything one person does, and I cant and wont forgive and or like them because they did one thing I liked. However, I am also not going to make slurs or say he was garbage. The man, Obama, was still a US President and deserves to be respected as one.

Some facts about me:
  • I think the gun laws on record are fine. You want automatic ones, you go through the extra headahce, fees, and then pay way more for something that was created pre-1986. However, I also think mental health needs to be taken into consideration and all of these agencies must be forced to keep up with their records and reporting.
  • I dont care who you are attracted to. I dont care who you want to marry. It doesnt effect me or anyone else except you and said person. Caveat, no kid shit.
  • Want an abortion? Its not my decision. However, I dont want to pay for it, and be prepared for your eventual comeuppance.
  • Want to come to the country to start a new life? AWESOME! Follow the rules, wait your turn, take your test, get your papers. If my old teamleader did it, along with my current manager, you can to. No cutting in line and no undocumented shit. We all had our lines originate from somewhere else. Unless you are 2.5% me/native american, cause thats what 23andme said. :s00ls:
  • Want to say disgusting things to other people? I guess that is your right. However, just like the lady who had the abortion, you WILL get your comeuppance.

Another thing, and I know its hard. Be nice/respectful. You can have different opinions and still like someone. One of my good friends leans more left on a lot of things, but we get along so well, I asked him to perform the wedding ceremony for my wife and I. Not because of what his political stance was, but because we are friends and he is a good person. If you peel back the layers, you might be surprised.

Just saying.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Earn what you get, keep what you earn, take care of your own damn family,
and nobody is entitled to a frigging nickle from the government or the wealthy!!!
If you didn't earn it honestly, it's not yours!!!!!!!!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like this thread and agree with all that is posted.

But I will add that the 2005 World Series was way cooler and better than 2016 World Series.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
I thought this was going religious. Good post. :bigthumb:
I didnt touch that one. I dont care what religion anyone practices, as long as it doesnt preach hurting anyone, and or committing heinous acts. Ohh, you are an athiest? Cool. No, you dont need to tell me for the 7th time.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I betcha people we be on the same page and not argue as much if you realized what they actually like and think VS what politicians they agree with.

For instance, I didnt care for Obama, but liked the fact he kept Net Neutrality in place while he was in office. I like Trump for the most part, but hate how Net Neutrality went to the wayside. Basically I dont have to agree with everything one person does, and I cant and wont forgive and or like them because they did one thing I liked. However, I am also not going to make slurs or say he was garbage. The man, Obama, was still a US President and deserves to be respected as one.

Some facts about me:
  • I think the gun laws on record are fine. You want automatic ones, you go through the extra headahce, fees, and then pay way more for something that was created pre-1986. However, I also think mental health needs to be taken into consideration and all of these agencies must be forced to keep up with their records and reporting.
  • I dont care who you are attracted to. I dont care who you want to marry. It doesnt effect me or anyone else except you and said person. Caveat, no kid shit.
  • Want an abortion? Its not my decision. However, I dont want to pay for it, and be prepared for your eventual comeuppance.
  • Want to come to the country to start a new life? AWESOME! Follow the rules, wait your turn, take your test, get your papers. If my old teamleader did it, along with my current manager, you can to. No cutting in line and no undocumented shit. We all had our lines originate from somewhere else. Unless you are 2.5% me/native american, cause thats what 23andme said. :s00ls:
  • Want to say disgusting things to other people? I guess that is your right. However, just like the lady who had the abortion, you WILL get your comeuppance.

Another thing, and I know its hard. Be nice/respectful. You can have different opinions and still like someone. One of my good friends leans more left on a lot of things, but we get along so well, I asked him to perform the wedding ceremony for my wife and I. Not because of what his political stance was, but because we are friends and he is a good person. If you peel back the layers, you might be surprised.

Just saying.

if anything a large majority of this board is probably more libertarian than anything, they just don't know it. :rofl:

i lean republican, sure. give me guns if i want them, and let whoever wants them have them, let's have a solid military ready to slap the dick off anyone who fucks with us. but i also don't care who marries who, or who screws who, i don't care who does drugs and what drugs they do, i don't care what religion other's follow, or if they want to at all.

just.leave.me.the.fuck.alone.

hai

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I think the biggest divisive force in America today is the media. They keep publishing stories that go further and further into opinion rather than news. They still treat the stories as news. Facts are boring. Going after politicians or topics that divide America with continually wilder stories sells views.

The politicians have fallen into the same game. Look at political ads now-a-days. 90%+ of them are negative ads. It's refreshing to see a politician actually come out with a positive ad that talks about what he wants to do rather than how bad his opponent is.

With these two groups using sensationalist methods America has become more divided than we have been in a long time, if ever. People choose sides and the other side becomes the enemy.

I have friends I can joke about politics with even though they are solid DEMS. I have other friends I don't mention politics to because it would just start an argument. I NEVER mention politics to my customers unless they say something that shows they have views I agree with.

My views on many topics are more liberal than you would imagine. You want to be gay? Go ahead. You want an abortion? As mentioned, that's your choice but don't ask for me to pay for it. You want to save the planet? Go ahead and try to save it. Just don't drag me into what you are doing. Net neutrality seems to be a no brainer protection that is supported by most Americans.

Basically it's all about live and let live. Do what you want but don't try to tell me to do what you want. Stop lumping views on a variety of topics into a political platform for votes. Have people in government vote the way their constituents feel about something rather than vote the way their leaders tell them.

Hopefully, we can come together as Americans and stop letting politicians and media use divide and conquer tactics for their own benefits. If Americans could work together, imagine how much we could accomplish.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
^ you know the weird part is I don’t think of myself as liberal or a democrat at all, but as the wife and I were going through each candidate looking purely at the issues (instead of negative rhetoric) it turns out I’m going to be voting nearly half and half democrat and republican. Truth be told I’d love to vote L, but cmon, they will never win as they don’t piss enough people off

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pro 2a, pro choice, anti universal health care, do whatever you want with the churches but tax the FUCK out of them.

Wudd else ya want from me

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Pro 2a, pro choice, anti universal health care, do whatever you want with the churches but tax the FUCK out of them.

Wudd else ya want from me
And execute the pedaphiles / child molesters, kidnappers, murderers, rapists

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
At least sickmint didn't dick this thread up yet.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Fish has a few good points.

Hopefully this thread stays on topic.

I believe in:

Pro 2A
Pro Choice
Anti-free universal healthcare
Anti-free college education
Drug screening of all welfare recipients
Higher tax on the upper class
More social security benefits for the elderly that worked their whole lives
Anti-illegal immigration - Do it right, get your green card. If my wife (armenian) and her family can legally get into the country while her people are genocided by the turkish people, you can too.
Pro-marijuana (even though I wouldn't smoke it) but, I'd hope for strict laws, I.E. no driving after you've taken a hit and the charge is the same as a DUI.
Execute pedophiles/rapists/murders - stop paying for them to live
Anti-parental support that cannot responsibility or properly raise children without government aid.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Fish has a few good points.

Hopefully this thread stays on topic.

I believe in:

Pro 2A
Pro Choice
Anti-free universal healthcare
Anti-free college education
Drug screening of all welfare recipients
Higher tax on the upper class
More social security benefits for the elderly that worked their whole lives
Anti-illegal immigration - Do it right, get your green card. If my wife (armenian) and her family can legally get into the country while her people are genocided by the turkish people, you can too.
Pro-marijuana (even though I wouldn't smoke it) but, I'd hope for strict laws, I.E. no driving after you've taken a hit and the charge is the same as a DUI.
Execute pedophiles/rapists/murders - stop paying for them to live
Anti-parental support that cannot responsibility or properly raise children without government aid.

I agree with everything you posted except "Higher tax on the upper class".
A flat tax is the fairest way to go. Why tax someone who busted their ass more than a slacker? If there was a 10% flat tax for example, the guy making $40,000 a year would pay $4,000 and the guy making $1,000,000 a year would pay $100,000. The guy making more already will pay a shit ton more in taxes so why tax them even higher?????

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
I agree with everything you posted except "Higher tax on the upper class".
A flat tax is the fairest way to go. Why tax someone who busted their ass more than a slacker? If there was a 10% flat tax for example, the guy making $40,000 a year would pay $4,000 and the guy making $1,000,000 a year would pay $100,000. The guy making more already will pay a shit ton more in taxes so why tax them even higher?????
Who's to say the guy making less is a slacker? The rich have more than enough money to pay a bit more.

I know a lot of guys that are wealthy ($100,000+ a year) and they do their absolute most to deduct everything they humanly can to save a few bucks. Even putting the max charitable donation without donating shit to get a little extra back.

If taxes were as low as your figure of 10%, I'd be happy. My wife and I combined make $130,000 or so a year, and we paid over $20,000 in taxes. I'm a blue collar and work my ass off.

Your point is fair, but, I think the whole "fair tax" idea isn't realistic because there is no way to measurably make sure it stays fair across the board, and the fact that the government wouldn't lower taxes if they did a universal tax on everyone across the board. Right now, the average is about 25%.

At the end of the day, someone that makes $40,000 a year will most likely feel that hit more by being taxed the way they are now and a guy making a $1,000,000 won't feel it as much, hence why they are "rich".

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll never get the "tax the rich" thing. I guess it's easier to push legislation when it doesn't affect you.
So basically, they should be taxed the same as the middle class all the while having so much more money that won't impact them as much that isn't as fortunate?

I guess the blue collars have to keep things going for the white collars to keep making money. Someone's back needs to be used, right?

As far as pushing legislation, isn't that what everyone does? Not really "fair" to point the finger when I guarantee everyone does it in some way. Pot meet kettle.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
if anything a large majority of this board is probably more libertarian than anything, they just don't know it. :rofl:

i lean republican, sure. give me guns if i want them, and let whoever wants them have them, let's have a solid military ready to slap the dick off anyone who fucks with us. but i also don't care who marries who, or who screws who, i don't care who does drugs and what drugs they do, i don't care what religion other's follow, or if they want to at all.

just.leave.me.the.fuck.alone.
:wavey:

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
So basically, they should be taxed the same as the middle class all the while having so much more money that won't impact them as much that isn't as fortunate?

I guess the blue collars have to keep things going for the white collars to keep making money. Someone's back needs to be used, right?

As far as pushing legislation, isn't that what everyone does? Not really "fair" to point the finger when I guarantee everyone does it in some way. Pot meet kettle.
Painting with an incredibly broad brush there. "isn't as fortunate"? The people I know that make good money do so because of hard work, sacrifice, and risk...it has very little to do with luck. Even if they're taxed at a similar rate to you, they're still paying a hell of a lot more...All to receive the same(or less) government services as a result.

Are you in a union by chance?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom