Food / Drink What did you have for lunch today?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Popeyes spicy tenders. Second time I’ve had them in two different states within a week and they both were disappointing. Apple pie too. Cinnamon sugar was everywhere, even in the passenger seat.

Oh and Popeyes in the hood definitely hits better spice wise.

The tenders always seem dry and have been disappointed u can’t go wrong with the chicken sandwich .

Reactions: torquelover

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Roast beef and ham, provolone

20211231_120642.jpg

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Firehouse Subs. Second time in a month or so. I remember these to be much, much better. Like twice the meat and half the bread of what they’re serving up now.

View attachment 110148
I had a sub from Firehouse in the Orlando area about 4yrs ago and thought it was fantastic. Had one here last year and was disappointed lol

Reactions: torquelover

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Publix is legit. Better than any of the shit sub shops we have in IL.
There's good sub shops where we are if you go to the mom and pop shops. Avanti in Mount Prospect or Chicago, Mario's in Addison, Franco's Cucina in Streamwood, Fontano's in Chicago, etc.

It would be hard to top the subs at these places.

Reactions: Shawn1112

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
There's good sub shops where we are if you go to the mom and pop shops. Avanti in Mount Prospect or Chicago, Mario's in Addison, Franco's Cucina in Streamwood, Fontano's in Chicago, etc.

IMG_9294.jpg

This place is legit the sons took over for the father who passed and never missed a beat.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Been to Mario’s and Franco’s. Also been to Frankie’s in Oakbrook and Asti in Wooddale. Publix is right up there but I was more comparing it to chains like Jersey Mike’s or Jimmy John’s.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Ground beef was on sale this week so I made a Prison meat loaf. Chef John says it's a prison loaf because of double bread crumbs soaked in milk which adds a lot of filler. Very tasty with gravy made from the meat juices and the roasted tomatoes and tomato sauce glaze combo. We had it with mashed potatoes and a salad. The tomatoes are from my garden.

BaWPBgt.jpg

qXSWB6t.jpg

Thread Info