Donating Member
Reaction score
Roast beef and ham, provolone

20211231_120642.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Firehouse Subs. Second time in a month or so. I remember these to be much, much better. Like twice the meat and half the bread of what they’re serving up now.

View attachment 110148
I had a sub from Firehouse in the Orlando area about 4yrs ago and thought it was fantastic. Had one here last year and was disappointed lol

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
There's good sub shops where we are if you go to the mom and pop shops. Avanti in Mount Prospect or Chicago, Mario's in Addison, Franco's Cucina in Streamwood, Fontano's in Chicago, etc.

It would be hard to top the subs at these places.

IMG_9294.jpg

This place is legit the sons took over for the father who passed and never missed a beat.

Lead Pipe

See what happens Larry
Reaction score
There's good sub shops where we are if you go to the mom and pop shops. Avanti in Mount Prospect or Chicago, Mario's in Addison, Franco's Cucina in Streamwood, Fontano's in Chicago, etc.

It would be hard to top the subs at these places.
Been to Mario’s and Franco’s. Also been to Frankie’s in Oakbrook and Asti in Wooddale. Publix is right up there but I was more comparing it to chains like Jersey Mike’s or Jimmy John’s.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm visiting a friend in Indianapolis so tried a local pizza place here. New York style. Not the best, pretty disappointed. They do pizza by the slice for lunch time, so I got two slices. I don't think they reheat them when they serve them so they weren't very hot and kinda mushy.

20220116_125539.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Ground beef was on sale this week so I made a Prison meat loaf. Chef John says it's a prison loaf because of double bread crumbs soaked in milk which adds a lot of filler. Very tasty with gravy made from the meat juices and the roasted tomatoes and tomato sauce glaze combo. We had it with mashed potatoes and a salad. The tomatoes are from my garden.

BaWPBgt.jpg

qXSWB6t.jpg

Top Bottom