IMG_2657.JPG

IMG_2655.JPG

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
Looks fast. Widebodied base?

Edit: treed

I know the A-pillars are black but it's not Chris' old car is it?

Nope, not Chris' old car. Chris I think had a YSI supercharger on that car. Hoping to get the car out to a Thursday night in the upcoming weeks or a Sat/Sun cars & coffee.

Really just bought the car to cruise it and have some fun with it while I'm finishing the Chevelle. It'll probably be around for a year or two until it goes to its new home.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Nope, not Chris' old car. Chris I think had a YSI supercharger on that car. Hoping to get the car out to a Thursday night in the upcoming weeks or a Sat/Sun cars & coffee.

Really just bought the car to cruise it and have some fun with it while I'm finishing the Chevelle. It'll probably be around for a year or two until it goes to its new home.
6L80 or 6060 car?

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
65284363292__D34359D9-D6F6-46FE-8AF4-125CB147D0A1.JPG

Pic for attention but go figure… running into issues with the 6L80E. I kind of expected it to be honest though, they’re so temperamental.

Went for a drive on Sunday, about 30 minutes. Ambient temps were 80-85 degrees, and trans temps got up to about 230 and the car was not happy at all. Threw a check engine light which I’m assuming is for the 6L80E.

I’m going to have to find a way to get some better cooling to the transmission, it’s already got an external cooler, but I’ll need to explore options for relocating it to a spot with better airflow.

Bought HP Tuners again today, should be here tomorrow so I can start looking at the tuneup. More to come with my findings over the next few days.

Tossing around ideas, but if I can’t fix the cooling issues I may think about doing a 4L swap from RPM and never have to worry about the trans again.

Thread Info