DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Saaahhweeet

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I was close enough. Knew it was a vette for sure by that rear wheel and tire. Just got the gen wrong

OP
JBruno88

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Still need to get title transferred and plates for it, but I took her for a quick rip down North Ave yesterday and she's a runner!

lastls1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I think that’s an ice box in the hatch area…. So my guess large pro charger? F1?

Lead Pipe

110% Flex
Reaction score
Looks fast. Widebodied base?

Edit: treed

I know the A-pillars are black but it's not Chris' old car is it?

OP
JBruno88

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Looks fast. Widebodied base?

Edit: treed

I know the A-pillars are black but it's not Chris' old car is it?
Nope, not Chris' old car. Chris I think had a YSI supercharger on that car. Hoping to get the car out to a Thursday night in the upcoming weeks or a Sat/Sun cars & coffee.

Really just bought the car to cruise it and have some fun with it while I'm finishing the Chevelle. It'll probably be around for a year or two until it goes to its new home.

Lead Pipe

110% Flex
Reaction score
Nope, not Chris' old car. Chris I think had a YSI supercharger on that car. Hoping to get the car out to a Thursday night in the upcoming weeks or a Sat/Sun cars & coffee.

Really just bought the car to cruise it and have some fun with it while I'm finishing the Chevelle. It'll probably be around for a year or two until it goes to its new home.
6L80 or 6060 car?

OP
JBruno88

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
65284363292__D34359D9-D6F6-46FE-8AF4-125CB147D0A1.JPG

Pic for attention but go figure… running into issues with the 6L80E. I kind of expected it to be honest though, they’re so temperamental.

Went for a drive on Sunday, about 30 minutes. Ambient temps were 80-85 degrees, and trans temps got up to about 230 and the car was not happy at all. Threw a check engine light which I’m assuming is for the 6L80E.

I’m going to have to find a way to get some better cooling to the transmission, it’s already got an external cooler, but I’ll need to explore options for relocating it to a spot with better airflow.

Bought HP Tuners again today, should be here tomorrow so I can start looking at the tuneup. More to come with my findings over the next few days.

Tossing around ideas, but if I can’t fix the cooling issues I may think about doing a 4L swap from RPM and never have to worry about the trans again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom