Wheaton, IL
:run:

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_12.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Id say if you going togo through the trouble of a motor swap, GSR, Type R, or RSX-S motor or dont even waste your time. Unless you get this non-vtec 140HP motor for free.

GSR = $1000-$1500 more than an LS Swap for 30 more hp, ITR = $2000-$3000 more than an LS Swap for 50 more hp, RSX-S = $6000-7000 more than an LS Swap for 60 more hp.

Turbokit = 1-2K for +100hp on an LS

I don't understand why you have such expensive taste panda when you are by far the biggest believer that we are all wasting our money on mods, why would I spend more money for less performance?

And I'm sorry, the teggy is only 600-700lbs heavier than my hatch.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
GSR = $1000-$1500 more than an LS Swap for 30 more hp, ITR = $2000-$3000 more than an LS Swap for 50 more hp, RSX-S = $6000-7000 more than an LS Swap for 60 more hp.

Turbokit = 1-2K for +100hp on an LS

I don't understand why you have such expensive taste panda when you are by far the biggest believer that we are all wasting our money on mods, why would I spend more money for less performance?

And I'm sorry, the teggy is only 600-700lbs heavier than my hatch.

I myself wouldnt waste any money, but if I was you since your going through with the trouble of a engine swap why not get a better engine? I wasn't aware of the outrages costs of these motor swaps.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I myself wouldnt waste any money, but if I was you since your going through with the trouble of a engine swap why not get a better engine? I wasn't aware of the outrages costs of these motor swaps.

I fully agree, I would like a better engine but because of the huge demand for the GSR and ITR motors they are not worth the premium over an LS swap to me (I got the ENTIRE swap for DIRT cheap) and a K-swap requires alot of custom work and the custom engine mounts alone are $1000 from Hasport :( (I got my entire swap for less than the cost of mounts for the K swap)

couple of interesting facts: The LS motor has 2ft/lb MORE torque than a GSR or ITR, the GSR/ITR rely on the high revs to wring any power out of them. (But once moving they can move quite well I'm not gonna deny that)

Also, the LS has no Vtec and that in part makes it easier to tune (Especially when you start throwing boost at it)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If you're going to do a motorswap...LS1 or LT1 or LS7....unless that non_vtak Acura motor was free.

NOW I really don't know what I'm talking about. ;)

Lol, VTAAAAK didn't impress me, and I've noticed that most hardcore D-series drag cars don't use VTAAAK motors either surprisingly. (I know I have a B now, but its just the point on ease of tuning)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info