what cast iron goodness do you have in your kitchen

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i've got your standard good sized lodge skillet, 12"? then a 8-10"?

i've got some griddles, and i just got a dutch oven also.

g6ANm6N.jpg

O68grNX.jpg

HvcfvF9.jpg

yeaaaaaaa seasoning!

oqevLKJ.jpg

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I just have a 10" pan, my mom got my bro a full lodge set for xmas. I had the jellys. She did get me a commercial grade thermo set tho, so Im happy. Love the one with the wire I can leave in the roast with a timer and temp alarm and everything. Sure beats opening the oven, letting all the heat out to check the temp over and over. I need to get a dutch oven tho, havent cooked in one since boy scouts.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
i have several that i have never been used:thumbs down:. I received them all as wedding gifts, I even have the griddle that u can use across the entire stove and yep still in the box. The wife said she will use them when my sister isn't living with us. Weird yes but all i can say is yes dear

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
I think I have a single grill pan but want to expand the cast iron cooking.. been doing some reading and very interesting maintenance plan people post for these things..

the best way to clean it is by rubbing it down with kosher salt and a kitchen towel while it’s still warm, then wiping it down with fat (flaxseed oil or lard do the trick nicely). Water is not the enemy of cast iron, unless you allow it to soak. Your safest bet is to scour, wash with water if necessary, and then dry and rub it down immediately. If your pan needs extra loving, you can re-season it by scrubbing it clean and applying a film of fat all over the pan’s interior and exterior, then placing it in a 350˚ oven with a sheet pan or foil underneath to catch drips. Let “bake” for one hour, then cool the pan completely in the oven.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have a Lodge 14", a Wagner roaster (like a dutch oven) and a 12" I inherited from my grandma where the pot has been scrubbed so many times, the initials in the name are unreadable. Might be a BSR because what's left looks like three initials.

Love them all.

In the past, cast iron manufacturers would sell unmarked cast iron to stores like Sears Roebuck. These pans could be sold cheaper than the marked pans but were similar in quality. They aren't worth as much now so you can get good value in cast iron that you can cook with rather than display.

Unmarked Cast Iron Cookware Identification - The Cast Iron Collector: Information for The Vintage Cookware Enthusiast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info