what cast iron goodness do you have in your kitchen

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just received a nice enamel coated Dutch over for Christmas. Have yet to use it to its potential tho

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've got some nice metal hanging in my pantry. I'll post a pic right around 5:30 as I'm cracking my first beer..... It's exciting

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
5:30?
why so late?

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm in the office, get off at 5.

Yeah Baby!!!!!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i've got your standard good sized lodge skillet, 12"? then a 8-10"?

i've got some griddles, and i just got a dutch oven also.

yeaaaaaaa seasoning!

Spivitz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Ah SHIT, I forgot to post my pan.....I'll try to remember tonight....

:hsughlol:

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have a 10" Skillet. I use it all the time, I need to add more to my collection

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
I just have a 10" pan, my mom got my bro a full lodge set for xmas. I had the jellys. She did get me a commercial grade thermo set tho, so Im happy. Love the one with the wire I can leave in the roast with a timer and temp alarm and everything. Sure beats opening the oven, letting all the heat out to check the temp over and over. I need to get a dutch oven tho, havent cooked in one since boy scouts.

Angus

Reaction score
We have a 10" skillet and a enameled dutch oven.

I've been real impressed with the stone ware oven pan and casserole dish we have too.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
well that's the beer fridge there, the main fridge is just behind the wall on the left, it was like that when i moved in. the fridge won't fit where that cut out portion is. and is also why i will be remodelingering.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Reaction score
i have several that i have never been used:thumbs down:. I received them all as wedding gifts, I even have the griddle that u can use across the entire stove and yep still in the box. The wife said she will use them when my sister isn't living with us. Weird yes but all i can say is yes dear

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cast iron grill pan. Love the way the food tastes, hate cleaning it.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Stock 12'' Lodge Skillet, need a smaller one though...the 12'' weighs a ton :rofl:

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
I think I have a single grill pan but want to expand the cast iron cooking.. been doing some reading and very interesting maintenance plan people post for these things..

the best way to clean it is by rubbing it down with kosher salt and a kitchen towel while it’s still warm, then wiping it down with fat (flaxseed oil or lard do the trick nicely). Water is not the enemy of cast iron, unless you allow it to soak. Your safest bet is to scour, wash with water if necessary, and then dry and rub it down immediately. If your pan needs extra loving, you can re-season it by scrubbing it clean and applying a film of fat all over the pan’s interior and exterior, then placing it in a 350˚ oven with a sheet pan or foil underneath to catch drips. Let “bake” for one hour, then cool the pan completely in the oven.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Whenever I'm done with the cast iron, I just rinse it with water and scrub it with a sponge, dry immediately. No soap. I re-season when I start to notice that the pan needs it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have a Lodge 14", a Wagner roaster (like a dutch oven) and a 12" I inherited from my grandma where the pot has been scrubbed so many times, the initials in the name are unreadable. Might be a BSR because what's left looks like three initials.

Love them all.

In the past, cast iron manufacturers would sell unmarked cast iron to stores like Sears Roebuck. These pans could be sold cheaper than the marked pans but were similar in quality. They aren't worth as much now so you can get good value in cast iron that you can cook with rather than display.

Unmarked Cast Iron Cookware Identification - The Cast Iron Collector: Information for The Vintage Cookware Enthusiast

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom