What are you working on today?!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Shifted the rack as far back as space allowed. Factory had it out as far as possible. I get why. Still dumb. Drilled and tapped 1/2”-13 threads. That way the rear folding rack is more secure. The single shackle type bolt was not nearly enough. The rack would still move up and down. Also installed some washers on the rack pivot just because I can. Nice and secure. Feels wayeeeeeee more sturdy now.

IMG_7637.jpg

Added some extra storage for miscellaneous stuffzzzzzzzz
Bought them at Farm and Fleet for $70 each.

IMG_7638.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Old and busted vs new hotness.

I stimulated a company in Indiana with all new collets with .0002 TIR.
The new spindle collet Chuck is some no name unit but its true.

I was hoping to gain more room under the head but I only gained a quarter of an inch although I ended up buying a whole bunch of new stuff for pretty much what 6 New Old style "z" dt collets would have cost.
20210611_091419.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I had thought about doing this with my 2012 G37, heard it was a pain in the ass. That's about as far as I took it.

This doesn't look bad at all, Your G37 would be the same kit I bought too. It looks like 5 splices and 3 T connectors. I had to flash the box already which was easy. I just need to pull the lower dash apart and make the connections then do a little programming. How to says 2 hours total. I'll let you know when I get it done.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This doesn't look bad at all, Your G37 would be the same kit I bought too. It looks like 5 splices and 3 T connectors. I had to flash the box already which was easy. I just need to pull the lower dash apart and make the connections then do a little programming. How to says 2 hours total. I'll let you know when I get it done.
What did you use to flash the box, and which box? Like I said, heard it was a pain and walked away from it.

Friend had his 2015 done professionally, and uses a second FOB. Has great range. I'd like to retain the OEM FOB and use that, but in thinking about it, its range sucks, so aftermarket FOB and antenna would be good.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
What did you use to flash the box, and which box? Like I said, heard it was a pain and walked away from it.

Friend had his 2015 done professionally, and uses a second FOB. Has great range. I'd like to retain the OEM FOB and use that, but in thinking about it, its range sucks, so aftermarket FOB and antenna would be good.
I'm sticking OEM for now. Many options to add on a box for extended range remotes or even one for cell phones.

I am using Fortin.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
They sure do. And it's over triple the price and after I get it I need to mail it back for a second step of programming.

So I'm good with this method.

I feel like they are repackaging what I bought after making it even easier to install, but I cannot confirm.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info