PXL_20210328_192049419.MP.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Jon01 and DEEZUZ

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I think they all understand now that asking me to work on a car is not bothersome at all. However, purposely asking me to do it without any of my tools and making me feel like an idiot because I can't fix it that way pisses me off.

With no tools of my own I managed to get the POS running with with the help of mangled jumper cables, a grill brush, and a cigar box full of random sockets. It was only by dumb luck though. Either the starter, the power wire to the starter, or the ground straps to the engine are bad because the jumper cables from running truck to the Olds battery seemed to make no difference in the ability to start the Olds. After letting the car sit for an hour after the 10 minute drive, it was as dead as a door nail.

When you say this I am thinking of this:

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012

I once converted a gas dryer to electric in a somewhat similar look to what you've got. Hope you get er back together and running.

What I'm working on today? I got paged onto a bridge about a performance problem. Turns out trying to replicate Exadata Performance can be hard on your storage.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
I'm wanting to make my own case feeder for one of my reloading presses. I have discovered that apparently plastic buckets are tapered significantly as in something like an inch difference from top to bottom. Hell of a lot of surprise there tbh.

Infosec is taking interest in my old, shitty not upgraded storage arrays. That's gonna be a lot of work but maybe they'll nudge some people to get em the fuck gone.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
We got a wine fridge for a wedding gift and it appears to use Peltier coolers and a fan on a heat sink block to dissipate the heat. Well, one of the fans locked up so I ordered two of them. Found out that one of the PSUs crapped in this. Debating on getting a Chiawanese generic 250W PSU and swapping out both PSUs for it instead since they are generic 70W 12V PSUs.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Whoops. Exhaust rotted apart and we probably pissed the neighbors off for a couple weeks. Jeep was louder than fuck because the core could move around and rattle on top of being a straight pipe.

New Dynomax cheapie exhaust, all is well for maybe another year. :sneaky:

View attachment 86644
Lol I could see that massive can just amplifying it like a trombone bell too.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Work was meetings around "what are we going to do with 150-200K of servers we bought that we can't use for what we want due to other infrastructure bottlenecking."

My side gig was probably a bit more interesting. I'm drawing a piece of a gun up in CAD that I'm fully reverse engineering and am going to give it to a guy to get made. I'm nervous AF about it since I haven't done this sort of thing for other people but it's been a fun challenge being back into the engineering space again.

This weekend I'm hoping to get the gear box back in the Astro. Gotta go get my converter from Carl@Redline Carl@Redline who sent it out for me and had his guy do some "adjusting" for me. Hoping to get 2800 stall out of her so we'll see. After that it's time for some driving and to start getting towards the 9" swap again.

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Thread Info