đź’¬ OT What are you working on today?!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Today is the first time I've ever got a cab off and back on same day. I had all my parts in a row though. I'm still betting I'm counting my chickens... Well see... Oh and I took 1.5 hr lunch.

20230606_104645.jpg

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
21 Hyundai Tucson, driver running lamp was out. Parts house listed an 881 bulb, took all this off to "get to it" and started probing around with 12v and it's the led strip that's cooked... 500 bucks for a new one and it may still be under warranty, but if it's not I get to do it all over again.
Snapchat-1565735764.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
21 Hyundai Tucson, driver running lamp was out. Parts house listed an 881 bulb, took all this off to "get to it" and started probing around with 12v and it's the led strip that's cooked... 500 bucks for a new one and it may still be under warranty, but if it's not I get to do it all over again.
View attachment 165449
wow that's ridiculous. yeah, my next car will just be pre-2010 at this rate :rofl:

• Love
Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
wow that's ridiculous. yeah, my next car will just be pre-2010 at this rate :rofl:
Yeah but these kias and Hyundais with the 2.4 carry an unlimited mileage warranty on the rotating assembly if proper maintenance and resets have been done (they know when looking at pcm somehow and I can believe it with the crazy parameters they spit out with a scanner on them) and the office girls around here love them because they're fairly nice for what they cost, way more reliable than any of gms tiny turbo problematic bullshit these days and get awesome mpgs.

I'm not getting them out of my life anytime soon ?

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Yeah but these kias and Hyundais with the 2.4 carry an unlimited mileage warranty on the rotating assembly if proper maintenance and resets have been done (they know when looking at pcm somehow and I can believe it with the crazy parameters they spit out with a scanner on them) and the office girls around here love them because they're fairly nice for what they cost, way more reliable than any of gms tiny turbo problematic bullshit these days and get awesome mpgs.

I'm not getting them out of my life anytime soon ?
Interesting.

But what you save with the warranty, don't you eat it on things like this so its kind of a wash?

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Interesting.

But what you save with the warranty, don't you eat it on things like this so its kind of a wash?
If it's not warranty I'll get a pair of repops off eBay for 200 bucks and life goes on. But they really will just chuck and engine in one if it meets criteria and tanks oil pressure, I've recently tested it on a friend's at the dealer here and she was not good at oil changes and ran conventional from Walmart. But it was reset every time and never went past 7500. Lost pressure when she slammed the brakes I did an emergency oil change on it said oh shit and she took it in. They "couldn't find an issue even though the light only comes in when it's hot but did tell her if it dies it's covered and I don't think they charged her for doing anything. And they've dealt with minute squeaks in a steering wheel on a Sorento that's here without issue so I'm actually kind of impressed with Kia these days.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Thread Info