đź’¬ OT What are you working on today?!

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Acquired a free parts washer, figured out pump was trashed, took pump and switch from little parts washer, made big one work, turned little one into new drain pan. Not really mad about it cuz now haz big parts washer and not little one.
20240409_171603.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Today’s plan was less oil leaks on the Tahoe. Got the trans cooler gasket swapped and went to do the oil cooler lines and found the hard line in to the block see leaking so had to order the whole assembly (was going to just cut out the crimped hose and put braided ptfe in).

Now working on parking brake assembly on my Buick and routing AN line around the rear axle.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
So, I have been paying for a VPS Server I haven't been using for about 2 years. After seeing Paypal drop $90 on it automagically, I decided to drop in on it. MariaDB is thrashed, trying to do InnoDB recovery now. I still had a key to it and the IP hadn't chagned, it had 1100+ days uptime on it so I did updates and rebooted it. Also, I probably should really grab a few things I want off of it (I installed Iredmail on it which was great. Getting mail to on Linux to work is a tier of Dante's Inferno.) and just blow it away and install another OS. Not really sure what at this point, but it's got Cent 7 which is long in the tooth. The biggest thing I need to pull off is some CRON jobs I had. I configured email to go to specific folders based on sender, then it would auto delete from those folders after X days. That would make it where it would auto purge ads. Say you get Newegg daily stuff, it would go for a week while some other sellers may go for a month or similar.

I'm also pissed that I'm still getting probed on SSH although I moved my port to 2022. I should disable password based root logins and add a second account or something.

I also need a domain and then to do the ACME SSL thing again. I seem to recall hearing they may have stopped doing it, but I really should give it a shot and see if they did.

Reactions: sktchy

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Spent my morning watching other people work and drinking coffee.

Came home and strung up a guy wire over my deck for some cafe lights, set mouse traps for mice in the shed, put salt in softener, hit golf balls in the yard for a bit, sharpened my mower blades, reinstalled the mower deck on the tractor and got the front yard cut. The last couple days have been super productive.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Dumped a bunch of shinies out of a commander transmission. Tracked down an abs issue on a Colorado that falls back to an incorrect Vin bcm. Went through the carb on a 2 stroke post hole digger. Spent the rest of the day on the phone and got a 19 terrain 1.5 sitting outside with some vacuum pump teeth in the valve cover so that should be fun to tear into.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Spent my morning watching other people work and drinking coffee.

Came home and strung up a guy wire over my deck for some cafe lights, set mouse traps for mice in the shed, put salt in softener, hit golf balls in the yard for a bit, sharpened my mower blades, reinstalled the mower deck on the tractor and got the front yard cut. The last couple days have been super productive.
What do you sharpen your lawnmower blades with, angle grinder?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
What do you sharpen your lawnmower blades with, angle grinder?
Yep. Flap disc on an angle grinder.

Proceeded to run over the B box for the water shutoff 10 minutes after sharpened the blades and dinged the fuck out of them. :bowrofl: oh well.

ASlowV6

Regular
Sep 19, 2022
Removed this Fisher Price VFD and replaced it with a good old fashioned contactor. I swear all these small drives that they’re using in light commercial equipment are complete junk. These things don’t even modulate speed to maintain a static pressure or temperature delta, they just soft-start the motor to avoid a high inrush current. All in the name of getting a slightly higher efficiency rating.

5A3D6A33-D861-4B6E-9D3E-25076E66B45B.jpeg

Thread Info