What Are You OCD About?

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I don't have OCD that's for sure.
I like to be super neat & clean, but keep a shop this big organized while running a business and race car in the same building makes that impossible.
So it's usually a crap hole.
I know where everything is, but nobody else could work like this.

Same goes at home, I try to be organized, but don't have a stroke over a little clutter here & there.

Now in the car, I do have a weird little tick I do every pass.
After I back up from the burn out I do the same thing every pass.
I clean the carbs, and I check the switches like 5 times for some reason???
I actually reach up and turn on already on switches???
It's weird, but for some reason I keep trying to turn on switches that are on??

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
My BMW makes me feel OCD. You have to do everything twice in that car. Wanna open the hood? Pull the hood release twice (theres no underhood latch to release like every other hood). Wanna unlock the door when you get out? Pull the door handle twice. Once unlocks the door, 2nd time actually opens it. Even turning the car off. Hit the start/stop button once, car shuts off, radio stays on. In most cars, once you open the door, the radio turns off. NOPE. Not in the BMW. It stays on unless you hit the start/stop button a 2nd time, OR get out and lock the doors. For me, I like knowing its off once I get out of the car, so I always hit the start/stop button twice before I get out. Hell Even the climate control, the driver/passenger side is not synced (Really confused why BMW didn't feel this was necessary), so when you adjust it, you have to adjust 2 knobs to keep it even. Which I do. Because OCD.

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
[MENTION=10779]Omicron[/MENTION] & I took a 1,200 trip through IL, IN, KY, TN, GA in my M235 in 2015 on a 9 day vacation where we only took highways & state roads. We only planned our hotels, so we knew where we had to get to the next day. I found out that Paul had an OCD against climate control very early on (hell this was probably the first week of marriage). So we consistently have fought over climate control in my 2008 TSX, 2009 328 x-drive, 2015 M235 x-drive. It literally wasn't until the last 100 miles that I was able to get this pic, while he was driving the last leg. IMG_0914.JPG

Angela@KRWINS

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Jan 15, 2016
McHenry, IL
Isn't there a sync button to have them be the same? I also prefer the temp and volume to be an even number.

Yes but I am always cold & he is always burning up. So I unsync it all of the time. I have literally been doing this since 2008 & he always complains. When I snapped this photo, I did catch him neurotically looking over at it and just laughed.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
With my phone it needs to be on the first page and in portrait orientation before I will hit the sleep button. I can purposely put it to the second page and close it and it’ll eat away at me until I fix it.

Also in any car with physical knobs when adjusting and the detents don’t feel even I will turn the knob back and forth until I know it’s firmly in-between the detents at the setting I wanted

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Found a new one this weekend... after finishing the last bottle in a 6-pack of Gatorade, I found myself cutting all the circles so that when the plastic gets thrown away and mysteriously ends up in an ocean, fish don't get stuck in it and die.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I am the exact same way with the shower curtain.... I also wash my hands a certain way, which takes like 30-40 seconds, and people give me shit for it, like i'm getting ready to perform a surgery.

Also have to have my wallet and cellphone in a certain pocket, always, and if it's switched up or different i lose my shit.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Also have to have my wallet and cellphone in a certain pocket, always, and if it's switched up or different i lose my shit.

Yup. Wallet in back left and phone in back right. But phone screen has to face my butt instead of facing out. Otherwise I don’t feel right.

We’re fucked up. Or maybe just me.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Making sure my doors are locked on my house and vehicles. Also making sure the garage door is closed. I will check the same doors in my house a couple of times before I leave, try to open them when they are locked to make sure they are locked, and then check the locking mechanism again. Usually lock my vehicles with the remote 2-3 times. I have turned around in my neighborhood many of times to make sure I closed the garage door, but before I pull out of the driveway I look back a few times to make sure it stays closed.

pulseczar

Custom User Title
Sep 2, 2015
Channahon
Unnecessary apo'strophe's. Grammar/spelling in general. I proofread almost anything I post like a dozen times to clarify or correct what I'm posting and end up usually being pretty long-winded. My own typos mortify me; other peoples' typos stand out like a strobe light.

I cut all the circles on 6-pack plastic holders too. Just in case a penguin/duck/porpoise/whatever ends up with it around its neck. Wasn't really ocd about it though.

I have to have numbers ending in 1, 4, 6, or 9 whenever possible- but not 2, 3, 7, or 8. Round numbers or ending in 5s irritate me when I have control over them. ex: Creating Madden player? Speed must be 94 or 96, not 95. Tstat in house or in car? 69* or 71*, never 70*. Microwave- 29 seconds, never 30. Volume on TV- 41, never 40. I'm ok with 0s and 5s if I have no control over it, however.

I can't make a K-cup, or put a CD/DVD/game back in its case unless its writing is orientated horizontally. I could if I make myself, but it would take a conscious effort.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
So after thumbing through the first page I don't think I can read the rest of this thread because you guys are going to make me OCD about certain things

Things I wish I was ocd about. having a clean work station, garage, toolbox and clean folded and put away laundry.

edit:
Found a new one this weekend... after finishing the last bottle in a 6-pack of Gatorade, I found myself cutting all the circles so that when the plastic gets thrown away and mysteriously ends up in an ocean, fish don't get stuck in it and die.

THIS! I cut that shit up into tiny pieces so it doesn't get stuck on any animals.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Ya know in a hall, where one wall intersects with another to create a corner? I have this thing where I picture the walls not stopping at the corner. There's an imaginary line on the floor where those walls would have continued going. I am not allowed to step on those lines. In the picture below I've added in some red lines of invisible walls that I would have to step over as I walked down that hallway.

QxjNE1e.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

I dont purchase many drinks that come in a 6 pack but I too will cut up the plastic.

Yup. Wallet in back left and phone in back right. But phone screen has to face my butt instead of facing out. Otherwise I don’t feel right.

We’re fucked up. Or maybe just me.

this

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
wait...you guys use wallets?
I haven't used one in 15 years. My stuff stays in my car. If I need it I grab my license and bank card and put it back when i'm done.
I used to use a minimalist wallet. It basically held a few cards and little cash..... That is until it fell out of my pocket to be never seen again. Now I'm back to a wallet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info