What Are You OCD About?

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
it's like we're twins....

why is it that the expensive shower liner suction cups don't suction to the shower but the cheap-o liners work just fine ? i learned the hard way this past time when they were out of the cheap liners.

i make sure my socks are "even" in terms of wear. you can't put an older sock with a brand new sock.

i also face my money... larger bills on the inside.

my tool box drawers are neat and organized. i have separate wash buckets for the truck and the car. ( along with separate mitts and drying towels )

like Mook, i also check all of my doors / electronics 10x before leaving the house. i make sure the garage door is closed about 5 times before pulling down the street....

Yes to the sock thing I didn't realize it but yeah I do that too

gojo83

Regular
Jun 11, 2009
Cheyenne WY
I am OCD about any exposed alum has to be shiny its almost a sickness. Then the other thing is that I keep the same routine its just comfortable and if someone touches my tools or car parts (ex gf was OCD about clean). The other thing is if I can get any sort of deal of discount Ill do it even if it means buying in bulk. Ex gf asked "why did you buy a case of 50 rolls of TP" well i saved 5 bucks and you will eventually use it all so why spend more. There is more but the aluminum thing is the thing that I get constantly teased about.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Yep, that's me as well. Our kitchen has 2 switches that control the main light, one in a normal spot and the other is underneath a section of the cabinets out of main view. The main switch is normal...down=off up=on, whereas the other switch is fucking opposite. Whenever my wife or daughter use the second switch, I always stop whatever I'm doing to put the main switch back on the right sequence.

I think my brain sees the switch under the cabinets as OK if it's messed up..because I don't see that switch without bending down.

lmao I thought I was the only one that did that. hahaha

I will also face items on the shelf at a store, or slide the rest forward after I remove my item.

Car vents must be laying flat, closed or somehow adjusted with some type of order.

I am constantly adjusting the rubber floor mats in the bonne to make sure they are properly covering and straight.

The volume, like mentioned, must be even or a multiple of 5.

Crooked furniture makes me want to punch babies.

Different shades of window tint on the the side windows of vehicles also grinds my gears.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I'm OCD about wrapping presents. My wife cuts the wrapping paper recklessly(not straight or efficient). I have a very tactical approach about wrapping stuff without wasting wrapping paper so if the edges are not perfectly cut then it screws up everything. I have to do large presents first and work my way down to the small presents. Any wrapping paper leftovers from the larger presents is repurposed for the small presents. I have very little to no waste and the presents are wrapped with precision.

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
Omg, thank you for this post!! [MENTION=310]udluuz[/MENTION] makes fun of me and says I'm "OCD-ing out" because I have to clean shit and put stuff away.

My biggest pet peeve is dirty house. Fishes in sink, shoes out, coats not hung up, etc. but I honestly have to admit y #1 peeve and I go nuts about? My cars. Must be clean. Both inside and out. Like right now? We just moved here to TN and I haven't vacuumed it out in a week. It!s killing me!!

Between having all these boxes in the 2 garages and stuff not away yet, it's no wonder I can't sleep. Mind going faster than I drive...

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
Well, I guess it's not FISHES in the sink, but dishes. Bwahaha. The DISHES go in the dishwasher. That irks me. It's just one more step, ya know? This is my 4th house I've owned. I don't know about Bernie, but I here ya on the "not giving a crap" thing? The only time I was kinda laid back was my townhouse. My other 3 homes I was all the same. Anal retentive with cleaning, lol. It's all good though. When the weekends came around, I was free to shop or play whie my friends were stuck cleaning.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
lmao I thought I was the only one that did that. hahaha

I will also face items on the shelf at a store, or slide the rest forward after I remove my item.

Car vents must be laying flat, closed or somehow adjusted with some type of order.

I am constantly adjusting the rubber floor mats in the bonne to make sure they are properly covering and straight.

The volume, like mentioned, must be even or a multiple of 5.

Crooked furniture makes me want to punch babies.

Different shades of window tint on the the side windows of vehicles also grinds my gears.

:rofl: yep all of those I do as well

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I'm particular about a lot of things... I wouldn't necessarily say OCD, I just like to keep things organized. I never have clutter in my vehicles, everything is always clean. I'm not lining up pencils on my desk, but, I like to keep things nice.

cleanliness. Im a freak when it comes to cleaning.

Pretty much me. I'm not OCD but, if you ask [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] about this past week of offroading, I cleaned my truck after everytime it got muddy. That and I'm tired of mud fucking up my vehicles, so there's some method to the madness.

It's really just keeping shit clean is my "OCD". If I clean the kitchen floor and if I drop even a drop of liquid or something, I'll clean the whole fucker again. And then other days I don't give a fuck, much like after this past week. :rofl:

ITT: People who think having an odd habit = OCD.

Right?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
According to my wife (yes I was dumb enough to ask) I'm OCD about dirty dishes on the counter or in the sink and making sure chip bags, cereal, crackers, etc are closed and the chip clip is doing its job. Folding the bag once and putting the clip on half-assed doesn't work. My response "No dipshit, I don't like stale chips or food and I put dirty dishes in the dishwasher where they belong or I wash them!" I don't think that's OCD at all. Leaving the kitchen counters clean isn't a compulsion, it means I'm not a fucking slob.

I am however OCD about how I get dressed. Underwear first followed by right sock then left (it feels weird if I put the left sock on first), then pants and shirt and my gig line has to be straight if it's a button down shirt (although that part was literally beaten into me).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info