Food / Drink What are you having for Breakfast?

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
IMG_6639.jpeg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Biscuits and gravy with 2 eggs on the side, a cup of coffee and a glass of ice cold OJ is the perfect breakfast. I tried making it with some off brand hot breakfast sausage a few weeks ago and it put me on the toilet for most of the dayā€¦ā€¦ā€¦lesson learned, Iā€™ll stick to Jimmy Dean and if I want some zing Iā€™ll add some spicy chorizo. If you like spicy and havenā€™t tried making biscuits and gravy with a little added spicy chorizo you need to try it, it brings it to a new level.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Biscuits and gravy with 2 eggs on the side, a cup of coffee and a glass of ice cold OJ is the perfect breakfast. I tried making it with some off brand hot breakfast sausage a few weeks ago and it put me on the toilet for most of the dayā€¦ā€¦ā€¦lesson learned, Iā€™ll stick to Jimmy Dean and if I want some zing Iā€™ll add some spicy chorizo. If you like spicy and havenā€™t tried making biscuits and gravy with a little added spicy chorizo you need to try it, it brings it to a new level.
One of my good friends, has to have hard boiled eggs in his B&G. Some shit they used to do in prison, I like hard boiled eggs but not in my B&G

• Yikes
Reactions: SMRTSS1

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Its a definite phenomenon.
Same batch, as this morning.
One peels like a dream, the other not so much ?
I usually do two things when boiling an egg.

Poke a tiny pinhole in the fat end bottom of the egg. Lets the air pocket escape when cooking so it doesn't crack the shell. Some also say this helps it peel better, not sure about that part.

Shock with cold water after cooking, I believe this DOES help, as usually my eggs peel super easy.

Also, the older an egg is, I do know it makes it harder to peel.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Thirdgen89GTA Thirdgen89GTA

I've been rolling the air fryer method, give it a whirl.

9min
If you want the yolk runny, pull immediately.
If not, leave in the basket for another 5min

Pull, ice bath
Peel and Enjoy ?
But I'd have to buy an air fryer for that.

I usually bring water to a boil, maximum heat.
Put a pin-hole on the bottom fat end.
Gently place in water.
Start timer, for 5 minutes, remove exactly on the dot.
Immediately remove and put in cold water for 2 minutes.

I end up with very solid egg-whites, and a liquid yolk. I love a liquid yolk.

Thread Info