Food / Drink What are you having for Breakfast?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Making a 'double' egg sausage sammich apparently.

Also, I 100% nailed it. I saw the shape of the shell and new it was a double yolk. I've seen way too many of them.

1673797477104.png

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
this is supposed to be a 2 whole egg 2 yolk omelette, although today it seemed big enough they did 4 whole eggs? i really wouldn't know if they've been giving me that for a while (pretty much get this every day at the same thai place) 0 on one hand 4 whole eggs is pretty nutritionally solid, on the other i'd prefer to avoid the extra fat/calories of the 2 additional yolks.

cOGujUR.jpg

Reactions: Spivitz and BS ISF

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
this is supposed to be a 2 whole egg 2 yolk omelette, although today it seemed big enough they did 4 whole eggs? i really wouldn't know if they've been giving me that for a while (pretty much get this every day at the same thai place) 0 on one hand 4 whole eggs is pretty nutritionally solid, on the other i'd prefer to avoid the extra fat/calories of the 2 additional yolks.

cOGujUR.jpg
Is that kangaroo jizz being used as a butter or cream?

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
My girlfriend has been making overnight oats lately and they are pretty good for a quick breakfast during the work week. She makes them with a 1:1 ratio of oatmeal to almond milk, then tops it off with a big scoop of high protein vanilla Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. This week we've been using raspberries and strawberries.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
first time back at muay thai yesterday, like 1st time in over a month. long break. didn't puke, rewarded myself with caloriffic smoothie bowl instead of my regular go to omelette.
PXL_20230118_034816936.jpeg

rode my bike for lunch and got a second breakfast dish, shakshuka at a place i've never been but a lot of people are hot on. known mostly for veg meals. shakshuka was alright but i've had a fair variety at this point, was nothing standout. just good healthy standard one. aside from trying 90 different burgers while in mexico city, i also tried every shakshuka i could find, although that list was much shorter!
PXL_20230118_060743394.jpeg

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Did a mod to my breakfast casserole for dinner Thursday night, had some leftovers for breakfast today.
I have been meaning to post the recipe as I know some folks liked the other way and I personally liked this more.

Most significant mod was I pulled the frozen hash browns, subbed with 2-3# of red potatoes, sliced super thin with slicer, rinse to remove starch and dry well, spread thin on large cookie sheet, add oil(I use avocado), salt, DIY taco seasoning(garlic, cumin, chili powder, some paprika), into oven to crisp. That usually takes 20-30 min, I run convection and once close finish on broiler watching close.

Sautee 2# of breakfast sausage, add peppers to taste - I used a couple greens and a Serrano.
Drain this well, there was a shitload of juice off of the veggies.
Scramble 8 eggs/milk, add salt, pepper, more taco seasoning.
Mix this in with the sausage and veggies.
Grab a 13x9, spray with non stick shit, put down a layer of tortillas, follow with sausage/egg mix, cheese(I used chihuahua and cojack) then taters, then tortilla, sausage/egg, cheese, taters then another layer of cheese and I'll put some queso fresco crumbled over the top for good measure.
Pour about 3/4 of a jar of Chile verde over the top, or whatever salsa you like.
Chuck it all in the oven for 15 minutes or so. Everything is cooked so just need it to cook together.

It turned out good and will be breakfast for the week.
In hindsight, next time I would do less eggs in the sausage mix and pour some over the top of everything to act as a binder. It'd take longer in the oven but this was kinda loose.
And I need to go to the Mexican food store and get some green chiles so I can make my own salsa, this Herdez shit is $5 a jar and overpriced.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Apples and Cinnamon oatmeal, but best believe if I had Eggo's I'd be eating those after seeing Spivitz Spivitz pic.
Thats one of the things I miss about the kids living at home. We always had that big ass box from Sam's club here.
Costco always has a healthy stock of them, think there is 72 per box. Every six months or so I'll get a craving and buy a box, which usually lasts until the next craving.

Thread Info