Went with a buddy to the local track on Saturday

GTPpower

Reaction score
This is my friend's car.

DA was 3500-4000, depending on the time of the day. His car has a cartuning kit, with front and rear plogs, TR10 intercooler, ST5 cam, 130# springs. 255lph pump and 60lb injectors appear to be maxxed. 110 VP racing fuel.

Here's the best pass of the day. Best trap was 125.

https://youtu.be/4Vl2N2Wsojs

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
probably shocked the hell outa that driver of the zl1

GTPpower

Reaction score
probably shocked the hell outa that driver of the zl1
He was running deep 11's all day, so the zl1 driver knew what he was getting into. They were even talking before the race about how quick the gp was running.

It actually was an awesome day to go...some car Club was there. Bunch of coyote mustangs, a few camaros, challengers, etc. The gp was faster than just about all of them. Now there is a bunch of videos that they posted about this badass grand prix.

GTPpower

Reaction score
It's a full weight car, plus a few extra pounds. Fbody brakes on front, gxp rear brakes, Gxp seats, amps, sound deadining mat, and some sound equipment. Turbo is the pt-61. .60 compressor a/r. Turbine is .68ish a/r.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
:fy: But that single run was the end of my 7/8" chain.

GTPpower

Reaction score
The sad thing is, it's anything but instant spool. He had to setup an antilag to build boost without dragging through the brakes.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Nice times! Good to see a turbo car that seems to be consistently doing work :s00ls:

jdredd

Reaction score
Nice times! Good to see a turbo car that seems to be consistently doing work :s00ls:
Unlike some people on here......

My updated turbo build on the other had is .... uh..wait.. what year is this?
SHIT... never mind.... :rofl:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Stomped by a dead brand. Love it.

GTPpower

Reaction score
We will probably go to the track again before the season is over to see if he can get into the tens. Not sure if we'll go back to kearney, or go someplace with lower elevation like Topeka or Wichita.

ZephTheChef

Reaction score
The ONLY weekend I actually had my Mercedes running right and together this year our track was closed for repairs. I guess they had a lot of equipment malfunctions or something break this year and they ended up being closed almost a month. It's back up and running though. I don't think the Buick is going to happen this season. Just way too much left to do.

ZephTheChef

Reaction score
It will run relatively soon...if this engine actually ends up with any compression. I've been back working on it fairly consistently the last couple weeks. But I can't see it being track before they shut down for the year. And heading south to catch a drag strip with a longer season isn't gonna happen on an untested car, that would be a big tow bill back home when something breaks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom