went to the track

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't get what I wanted but I did still hit a pb. 60 foot sucked at a 2.09 but I got a 13.07 at 107.4 mph. I have slicks, just didn,t use them. Also, I need a fuckin tune. I didn't have a blip of kr at all so I need more boost. Best place to get a tune in illinois?

GTwolf

Reaction score
I hear 10secsomeday does some good shit, I'm going to him as soon as he has time/it's warm enough/I finally figure out what the fuck is wrong with my car.

OP
SleeperLS

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Gateway international raceway st. Louis. The track was nice tonight too. A kid in a 06 stang gt was rippin it. He had all the bolts ons and cams, also had street slicks. Ran a 12.4 at 111 or 112mph. Mustangs are fast with mods. First one I have seen run that well with motor though.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
A kid in a 06 stang gt was rippin it. He had all the bolts ons and cams, also had street slicks. Ran a 12.4 at 111 or 112mph. Mustangs are fast with mods. First one I have seen run that well with motor though.
puhlease, I do that without slicks and in a truck that weighs about 1000lbs more too. :ford:

PANDA

Reaction score
Its cool that the tracks down south are open already. What kinda timing you running with that setup? A tune will not give you more boost.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think he means that since he had 0 KR on an untuned car he should be either running more boost or timing to maximize the potential from his setup.

OP
SleeperLS

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's a bingo. I need to order a smaller pulley. I think my timing is at 21* last time I checked. I upped it recently but heard to not run too much more than that. E85 is crucial though.

My oil pressure gauge is reading 0 right now, but I don't think I can believe it. I am going to check wireing today. I lowered my car last night and am thinking something got pinched or pulled. Any other ways to manually check and see if my motor has oil pressure?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
if its still running... i would like to assume it has oil pressure.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
So you're running untuned?? Or is a new tune going to net better results? I feel like that's slow for the mods....Mph is high for your et so that's good

Is it a mechanical or electrical gauge? Electric sending units suck. Pull the filler on the valve cover and see if oil is coming out the pushrods.

OP
SleeperLS

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my time licks nuts compared to what I should be running. The heads are home ported to stage 3 specs, not cnc so I don,t expect the exact same performance. But I have never had a good tune on the car, and once I switched to e85 I just changed the injector tables. I am only running a 3.0 pulley as well. The car just needs to be tuned up really. The best tune I had was years back when the car first got put together. I have changed everything but the cam since...so I think a tune would help significantly.

The gauge is electric...get a new one then? Wires are fine and I have oil

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom