Went to NCM Motorsports Park in Bowling Green KY

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I went to NCM Motorsports Park today in Bowling Green Kentucky today to see my brother in law and my nephew autocross their Mazdaspeed Miata. While the autocross was going on there were bikes on the actual track. I went and watched for a little bit with my son, but couldn’t see all of the track. We later found out that you can get on the roof of the main building and see everything. I wanted to try to check out some more of the bike stuff, but didn’t know where to go, so I stayed where I figured I wouldn’t get in trouble.

I’ve never been to an autocross before, but think it’s something I may want to try, so I went to check it out. I would imagine it’s like most other ones. My brother in law and nephew both had a blast and are saying I better have my car at the next one. There were some very cool cars there. Lots of Miatas, some newer GT350’s and a GT500, a 1LE SS Camaro, a few C5 Z06’s, a LS3 swapped Solstice, and a wild 3rd gen Camaro.

The facilities were very cool. I want to do something to go around the track. I know you can rent a Vette and drive it there, but I may look into some of the other options.

here are a few pics I snapped.

07830FF6-1E57-4426-8D66-520D24FC7592.jpeg
1BDCF475-9C7F-461A-BCC8-06E80844F88D.jpeg7CBB5E8A-BE96-41CA-BED2-A961571BA7A9.jpegEE6CBB5E-1A99-4926-B7EB-AC8FAECC9024.jpegE07D111B-27C1-4428-8C87-BAE80DF60881.jpeg6E309D7B-C87F-4D15-B463-9A6738884876.jpeg

CA0A6686-E145-4DC6-8FD2-E3A1ABAF1A32.jpeg

Reactions: Mook

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I went to NCM Motorsports Park today in Bowling Green Kentucky today to see my brother in law and my nephew autocross their Mazdaspeed Miata. While the autocross was going on there were bikes on the actual track. I went and watched for a little bit with my son, but couldn’t see all of the track. We later found out that you can get on the roof of the main building and see everything. I wanted to try to check out some more of the bike stuff, but didn’t know where to go, so I stayed where I figured I wouldn’t get in trouble.

I’ve never been to an autocross before, but think it’s something I may want to try, so I went to check it out. I would imagine it’s like most other ones. My brother in law and nephew both had a blast and are saying I better have my car at the next one. There were some very cool cars there. Lots of Miatas, some newer GT350’s and a GT500, a 1LE SS Camaro, a few C5 Z06’s, a LS3 swapped Solstice, and a wild 3rd gen Camaro.

The facilities were very cool. I want to do something to go around the track. I know you can rent a Vette and drive it there, but I may look into some of the other options.

here are a few pics I snapped.
One session on an actual track and you will be both terrified, exhilarated, and hooked.

AutoX is one thing, but there really is nothing like carving up an actual track at speed.

Honestly, if I had a garage, a $9k beat-up Fiesta ST would be fun to track. Strip it for weight, throw some sticky pads/tires on it and go like hell.

Reactions: wolfe

wolfe

Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
One session on an actual track and you will be both terrified, exhilarated, and hooked.

AutoX is one thing, but there really is nothing like carving up an actual track at speed.

Honestly, if I had a garage, a $9k beat-up Fiesta ST would be fun to track. Strip it for weight, throw some sticky pads/tires on it and go like hell.

It looks like a blast.
The fiestas seem cool, but I prefer a rwd platform. My brother in law keeps trying to get me to sell my Camaro and get a Miata. My reply is I’ll just want to LS swap the Miata, so I’ll keep the Camaro and change the suspension.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
That is a wise choice, Miatas are an acquired taste. You have to be used to doing everything in slow motion to really enjoy a Miata IMO. But they are cheap ASF and pretty much ready to track forever with very little maintenance and $$$.

Reactions: wolfe

wolfe

Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
That is a wise choice, Miatas are an acquired taste. You have to be used to doing everything in slow motion to really enjoy a Miata IMO. But they are cheap ASF and pretty much ready to track forever with very little maintenance and $$$.

move driven theirs and it’s a fun little car. It does help that it’s one of the ones that was turbocharged from the factory, but it’s no speed demon. But, if you’re doing autocross I don’t think most of the cars are going much above 60.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info