Went to Gingerman with Xsecsomeday. Pfft...EVOs...

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I can't wait for it to rain on a track day. AWD is FTW in any and all conditions.

meh, the S2000's still plenty fast in the rain...err...with new tires lol. But yeah, the rain would hinder me more than you.

Those cars are pretty fun too! I'm thinking about getting a cheaper car like an Integra GSR or Civic Si that I can take around the track as well and not care so much about like the Evo. IDK though, gets expensive after 4-5 track events :rofl:

Too bad you don't have the cashish. There's a guy selling a Si with a GSR swap for $3k because he can't get it running. I kinda want to tell him it's not running because he's using the wrong ECU and that I have hella ECUs sitting in my garage. But then again...if I can sell one of my cars, maybe I'll pick his up.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
meh, the S2000's still plenty fast in the rain...err...with new tires lol. But yeah, the rain would hinder me more than you.

Too bad you don't have the cashish. There's a guy selling a Si with a GSR swap for $3k because he can't get it running. I kinda want to tell him it's not running because he's using the wrong ECU and that I have hella ECUs sitting in my garage. But then again...if I can sell one of my cars, maybe I'll pick his up.

Sending you a text..

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I'm 99% sure I know the kid in the green CRX

P1030811.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It was running really well, sounded like a monster too. Towards the end of the day the winds really started picking up, and I think were one of the factors of that Camaro losing it's rear bumper. Right as he drove past us on the straight his bumper nearly ripped all the way off the car, went around the next turn and it was all the way off. Was pretty epic. Didn't stop them though, they took the taillights off the bumper, put them back on the car and kept racing.

Cool. Nice to know I can track this pig if it doesn't sell.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I can't wait for it to rain on a track day. AWD is FTW in any and all conditions.

You'd be amazed at how much grip in the wet cars have. I was at Bondurant years back and got a ride in one of their Cobra Vics in the rain with an instructor. After a few sessions the tires were worn out, which I was shocked at. What even neater is seeing open wheel cars in the rain. They shoot up some nice rooster tails.

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I've run in the POURING MOTHA-F-ING MONSOON rain. The car found a good amount of grip....with new tires. It wasn't too bad.

Surprisingly, the worst track conditions are when it just starts to sprinkle on a dry track. I think that all the melted rubber that provides you with all the grip in dry conditions turns into slime when mixed with cold water. I have a video in my other thread where I get caught in the rain with the top down.

Then again, I've never done like any ice or snow events.

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
^^^Mickey G!!!

I'm fairly certain that the green CR-X pictured belongs to a guy named Adam. It has a turbo Integra LS motor in it with the exhaust coming out of the hood. It has been featured in GRM magazine, IIRC.

There was another green CR-X belonging to a guy named Mickey, but it was more of a teal. It was much "cleaner" looking....definitely a street car. And I don't believe it was turbo. Plus, it has a JDM front end. Get it right, jerks.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Anyone can road race their cars, especially a Camaro. Some cars are more track ready than others. You CAN road race a bone stock single cam 90hp honda civic hatch in completely stock form if you wanted. That's the beauty of road racing. However, you probably want to avoid events with more advanced drivers and try to find beginners events. It's really up to the person with the car and how bad they want to do it.

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
i need to get on this. im gonna buy a miata, gut the FUCK out of it, and do it to it.

Miata = win. People underestimate how much damage a miata can do. Then again, I've seen a GTO tearing it up out there too. Tires and brake pads on your GTO might be cheaper than buying a small japanese car...meh...but probably not by much lol. I'm not sure how your GTO is set up, though.

I really need to go to gingerman next year.

I feel like I was there like...every day this year lol. I'm sure I'll go a ton next year. I'll try to keep errbody on here posted if there's a sick event happening.

July 21-22 for sure there's a wild ass event happening. WMHM12. West Michigan Honda Meet. You guys can find out that there's no such thing as a slow honda on a track haha.

Plus that one's more n00b friendly. The beginner classes fill up quick, but there are instructors for every beginner and it's 2 days of track time with the best group of peeps ever.

There's also an intermediate class and 2 different Advanced classes, and the 2 day thing allows for a lot of relaxation mixed in with rowdyness.

www.wmhm.org for more info if you guys are interested. I think that registration for the July 2012 event will be opening up in the next couple of months. I spoke to the main organizer and he said it's all in the works.

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
You CAN road race a bone stock single cam 90hp honda civic hatch in completely stock form if you wanted.

Hell yeah you can! Did you see that LeMons CRX? Shit was boogey'n. Small Hondas (Civics, Integras, CRXes, DelSols, Preludes, S2000s, etc.) all make good track cars even in stock form. Especially the older ones. Think about it. 1990 CRX Si with brake pads and 13'' R comps. 105hp. 2100lbs. Cheap, unbreakable insanity!

I get your point, though. I think most people think you need crazy ass race prep to do a HPDE event. Almost any modern "sporty" car with brake pads and tires (and general maintenance items) is going to be fun and quick.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
a miata is sitting at my shop needing a clutch, owners have no money. im thinking waiving a few hundred dollars under their nose might entice them. we'll see in a few days :noes:
i'd feel much more comfortable flogging a few hundred dollar go-cart miata around a track than my GTO, especially since im just beginning.

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Miata = win. People underestimate how much damage a miata can do. Then again, I've seen a GTO tearing it up out there too. Tires and brake pads on your GTO might be cheaper than buying a small japanese car...meh...but probably not by much lol. I'm not sure how your GTO is set up, though.

I feel like I was there like...every day this year lol. I'm sure I'll go a ton next year. I'll try to keep errbody on here posted if there's a sick event happening.

July 21-22 for sure there's a wild ass event happening. WMHM12. West Michigan Honda Meet. You guys can find out that there's no such thing as a slow honda on a track haha.

Plus that one's more n00b friendly. The beginner classes fill up quick, but there are instructors for every beginner and it's 2 days of track time with the best group of peeps ever.

There's also an intermediate class and 2 different Advanced classes, and the 2 day thing allows for a lot of relaxation mixed in with rowdyness.

www.wmhm.org for more info if you guys are interested. I think that registration for the July 2012 event will be opening up in the next couple of months. I spoke to the main organizer and he said it's all in the works.

Awesome thanks for the link. Yes, keep me posted. Im always looking for events to attend.

I tell you its an amazing time and its so neat to see all types of cars out on the track. Im no expert but its fun to see people that think they can drive because they have a high horsepowered car and you see them getting passed by a focus,miata or any car with half the hp. Its a very humbling experience but it does help everyone become a better driver and it helps people appreciate all types of cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info