Went to Gingerman with Xsecsomeday. Pfft...EVOs...

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
Basically what the title says. We went to Gingerman raceway for an event aptly named "Wangtoberfest". It was basically a private track day for people who have a fair amount of track experience.

First off, here's a video of the 1st counter clockwise (CCW) session. The car in front of me is Xsecsomeday's EVO 10. Pffft...EVOs....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMfDOKeuKZg

I'm not sure how evident it is in the video, but my car was acting CRAZIER than usual. That's pretty crazy. I don't know if it was the cold, or the 2 season old tires, or the non-alignment, or the diff mount and diff that I blew and am still running on in the video lol.

The broken diff and diff mount mark the car's 1st actual repair EVER in 52k miles!!! After 5 years of kicking the shit out of it!

The car was NOT sticking. Infact, I had to stay on the inside on turn 1 (counting counter clockwise) so the car wouldn't get run off track at the bumpy section under triple digit braking.

I have to say, as much as I hate Xsecsomeday (worst guy ever made)....he was really moving out there. His car only has springs, exhaust, and tires and it took me like 2 or 3 laps to catch him in my S2000! Pretty nuts.

There were also some silly ass World Challenge Vettes out there that were FFFFFFF--FF-AST! Damn those guys were fast!
2011-10-15_07-55-04_497.jpg

There were also a host of other tube chassis cars, kit cars, old school cars with ridiculous engines, etc there. It was a huge variety. The "advanced" class is where we ran and it was the most insane spread of cars.

Here's a cool pic I snapped of a Datsun 510. This thing looked so nice.
2011-10-15_13-28-22_50.jpg

I have more vids and stuff that I'm still editing. My car spun no less than 4 times on the 1st session. 2 on track 360s (just kept going) and 2 off track excursions (black flag). The car spun and oversteered about 100X more during the course of the day. It was acting stupid.

It was sticking REALLY well the last time I took it to gingerman. But I had fresh tires and it was aligned back then...OH...and the diff and diff mount weren't blown.

I had a shorter ratio trans this time, however, so I think that in the laps where the car was sticking, I was able to put it down pretty well. I wasn't stuck with choosing between 2nd and 3rd gear like with the original trans.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm uploading my pics and figuring out how the hell to edit the vids right now.

Bforeal's s2k and my evo would be a tight ass race going the other direction. All the damn corners he kept catching me in I was taking super slow cause the stupid lady just HAD to mention the tree stump I've never seen or worried about. :roflpicard: All in all, I am very happy with the Eibach springs I put on the evo, made the car much more stable entering the corners and leaving them. It still needs hella more camber cause I'm still tearing up my sidewalls even with -2.2* of camber right now.

Next year I will have...

-More camber probably -3.3-3.4 area up front -2.1-2.2 for the rear.
-Rear sway bar (supposed to really wake it up)
-Better brake pads (current ones faded this time around)
-Tune (most important, needs it bad)
-MR shocks

That should put me and the s2k on a more level playing field. I definitely cannot wait until next season. Here's some pics I snapped.

Some of B-foreals car.

P1030822.jpg

P1030821.jpg

P1030820.jpg

Some other cars, including some of the fastest Vetts I've seen. As he already said, these things were unstoppable, and the drivers were driving the hell out of them.

P1030818.jpg

P1030817.jpg

P1030815.jpg

P1030814.jpg

P1030813.jpg

P1030812.jpg

P1030811.jpg

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I still want to see what your car can do on R-comps, as well as some FI to give it a little more ummph.

I would like to hit 1:49, idk if i was close or not, but next time I'll have a timer and make that shit official. :xzbit:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It is a fucking BLAST. This all started again (did it with my s2000 once) when I went for a ride in Bserious' car. I got that addiction back and told myself I would buy something that can handle. Sold both of the junk grand prixisises and got me an evo. Best decision I've ever made to start road racing again. Endless fun!!

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I still want to see what your car can do on R-comps, as well as some FI to give it a little more ummph.

I would like to hit 1:49, idk if i was close or not, but next time I'll have a timer and make that shit official. :xzbit:

I don't think 1:49s would be problem at all for you. You were MOVING out there, kid. I heart you! Actually, I would guess you probably did 1:49 if not damn close going clockwise.

Both my cars will most likely be on street tires next year, and definitely on stock power. I don't have no $8k for F.I.

I'm definitely going to work on the setup of both. Moar alignment for sure for both cars. Maybe final drives for both cars. Unfortunately, I have two momentum cars. Once you kill that, they're hella slow. Remember that race tire/caged out mustang I was stuck behind when you were in my car? He got so far away on the straights because he KILLED my momentum every time so I had to keep fighting to keep up and then the cycle started all over again on the next turn. I can only get fast on the straight if I keep up the speed thru the turn. When I was behind that dude, it looked like he was hangin there. Once I passed him, he became a spec in the mirror.

At 3:00, stain your pants a little? lol

Nah...that's business as usual. What would make me stain my pants is if the car DIDN'T try to kill me for just ONE session.

I was looking in my mirror when that happened, it looked 10x more violent than the video shows. That's what he gets for trying to keep up with the evo out of a turn. :nono:

Seems as if the turns are where I catch you. I lose you a little bit when you mash the pedal.
Like I said...I've never been passed by a street tire EVO under 400whp.

UMAD.jpg

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I don't think 1:49s would be problem at all for you. You were MOVING out there, kid. I heart you! Actually, I would guess you probably did 1:49 if not damn close going clockwise.

Both my cars will most likely be on street tires next year, and definitely on stock power. I don't have no $8k for F.I.

I'm definitely going to work on the setup of both. Moar alignment for sure for both cars. Maybe final drives for both cars. Unfortunately, I have two momentum cars. Once you kill that, they're hella slow. Remember that race tire/caged out mustang I was stuck behind when you were in my car? He got so far away on the straights because he KILLED my momentum every time so I had to keep fighting to keep up and then the cycle started all over again on the next turn. I can only get fast on the straight if I keep up the speed thru the turn. When I was behind that dude, it looked like he was hangin there. Once I passed him, he became a spec in the mirror.

We have to get legit timing stuff for next year. You should shoot for a 1:49 in the Tyte car, that would be absolutely epic. Can you at the least get the s2k tuned (i know you were talking about the tyte car getting one) maybe pick up some more horsepowers? :dunno:

Seems as if the turns are where I catch you. I lose you a little bit when you mash the pedal.
Like I said...I've never been passed by a street tire EVO under 400whp.

UMAD.jpg

:bowrofl: I'll make it my goal to pass you next year!! :squint: After the tune and everything, i'll still be well under 300whp too. Beyoch

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
We have to get legit timing stuff for next year. You should shoot for a 1:49 in the Tyte car, that would be absolutely epic. Can you at the least get the s2k tuned (i know you were talking about the tyte car getting one) maybe pick up some more horsepowers? :dunno:

Nah, I don't think I'll get the ITR tuned. I need a tunable ECU first. Not finna buy that for a car with a header and an intake.

1:49 out of the ITR on street tires ...ehhhh. That's....quick as hell for a stock ass R. I think if I dialed in a little more camber up front, I could pick up a solid half second or more out of T10 clockwise by itself. Probably pick up a ton of time going CCW from 4-7. 1:49 is probably not going to happen with that car without R comps lol.

The S2000 just needs some fine tuning....like wider front tires for quicker turn in and maybe disconnect the rear sway bar to make it more tame. Or maybe install an AP2 bar. Definitely wanna do up the alignment, though. The bumpsteer was BAD. I figure maybe with close to 0 toe out back, it will either handle very predictably....or will succeed in killing me. It's all an experiment.

It won't have static toe to keep it in check...but with 0 toe, there isn't a huge change in angle when I back off the throttle mid corner if I need to make a nose correction. So...we'll see if that works. It's gonna be a blood bath.

Replacing that broken diff bushing and the diff itself will help a lot with torque steer.

:bowrofl: I'll make it my goal to pass you next year!! :squint: After the tune and everything, i'll still be well under 300whp too. Beyoch

Ah..so you need 300whp to pass me then? On top of the AWD...and the 10 year newer chassis....and the ACD, and the 14'' brembos.

Hey if that's what you need, that's what you need. I'll still be at 200-210whp, stock single piston 12''/11'' brakes (with pads), etc. The only equipment I'll have is my :nutz:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Nah, I don't think I'll get the ITR tuned. I need a tunable ECU first. Not finna buy that for a car with a header and an intake.

1:49 out of the ITR on street tires ...ehhhh. That's....quick as hell for a stock ass R. I think if I dialed in a little more camber up front, I could pick up a solid half second or more out of T10 clockwise by itself. Probably pick up a ton of time going CCW from 4-7. 1:49 is probably not going to happen with that car without R comps lol.

The S2000 just needs some fine tuning....like wider front tires for quicker turn in and maybe disconnect the rear sway bar to make it more tame. Or maybe install an AP2 bar. Definitely wanna do up the alignment, though. The bumpsteer was BAD. I figure maybe with close to 0 toe out back, it will either handle very predictably....or will succeed in killing me. It's all an experiment.

It won't have static toe to keep it in check...but with 0 toe, there isn't a huge change in angle when I back off the throttle mid corner if I need to make a nose correction. So...we'll see if that works. It's gonna be a blood bath.

Replacing that broken diff bushing and the diff itself will help a lot with torque steer.

Ah..so you need 300whp to pass me then? On top of the AWD...and the 10 year newer chassis....and the ACD, and the 14'' brembos.

Hey if that's what you need, that's what you need. I'll still be at 200-210whp, stock single piston 12''/11'' brakes (with pads), etc. The only equipment I'll have is my :nutz:

:bowrofl: I said well under 300whp jerk! like 260-ish. I need my big brakes too, damn car weighs SOOO much :rofl: Also, don't forget the ACD pump is fucked, so I only have 1 front wheel and 1 rear wheel. When we were going backwards through that uphill left turn the front DS wheel was spinning all the way around that turn. Felt all FWD and ghey as fuck.

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
Love hearing S2K's wound out. Pretty cool man! :bigthumb:

Thanks.

:bowrofl: I said well under 300whp jerk! like 260-ish. I need my big brakes too, damn car weighs SOOO much :rofl: Also, don't forget the ACD pump is fucked, so I only have 1 front wheel and 1 rear wheel. When we were going backwards through that uphill left turn the front DS wheel was spinning all the way around that turn. Felt all FWD and ghey as fuck.

Bring it on. I show no regard for human life. Just look at how reckless we are on this vespa.

vespa-1-1.jpg

When I was at Gingerman in May, we did like 4 parade laps counter clockwise, due to weather. My car did not like that at all, and we were only doing about 40-50 and it was raining pretty hard. It felt like I was driving on a washboard.

Yeah, it always rains or threatens to rain up there. Annoying. Building a wall around canada is the best track mod. They can keep their hairy sasquatch weather.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
my friend just picked up a healthy e36 m3. i have track envy. in 2 years i've done 1 event in a borrowed mazdaspeed 3.

Those cars are pretty fun too! I'm thinking about getting a cheaper car like an Integra GSR or Civic Si that I can take around the track as well and not care so much about like the Evo. IDK though, gets expensive after 4-5 track events :rofl:

do they allow passengers? id assume id need a fancy helmet, but i want to ride iin one of these turny twisty cars!

Absofrickenlutely, you just need a snell approved helmet, obviously for safety. I took someone every time I went out when i had someone to take. :bigthumb:

A new Camaro? Interesting, how was it running?

It was running really well, sounded like a monster too. Towards the end of the day the winds really started picking up, and I think were one of the factors of that Camaro losing it's rear bumper. Right as he drove past us on the straight his bumper nearly ripped all the way off the car, went around the next turn and it was all the way off. Was pretty epic. Didn't stop them though, they took the taillights off the bumper, put them back on the car and kept racing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info