Wendys Chicken Jalapeno Popper Sandwich

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
They just opened a brand new wendys up by me. so....i figured what the hell. Brand new, you'd think they'd wanna make a good impression, maybe its time to end my longstanding boycott and see if they can win me back. Didnt try any of the popper sandwiches tho, went to my age old go to. Double stack, 10 pc spicy nugget, and chocolate frosty. The double stack was...ok. Definitely better constructed than the ones from my old wendys that made me quit them, but still not great, and smaller than I remembered them being. The spicy nuggets I gotta say, are still quite good. Definitely better than what mcd's is offering, but their bbq sauce tastes different now. Doesnt quite have that zing it used to have, and really wasn't that good. Luckily I had a spare pack of mcd's mighty sauce lying around, so that paired quite nicely with these. The frosty was good as always, those never change. I kinda forgot how much I missed those.

Overall I would give it a solid meh. Guess I'll give them another few years.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
a couple coworkers got salads and even those are tiny and pathetic now. I used to love the taco salad but definitely wouldnt get one now after seeing those, let alone the fact that they even changed what they put in that and it sucks now compared to what you used to get in it

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got stuck at work today and couldnt leave to go get lunch. Coworker was going to wendys.... had them pick me up the taco salad, so I could see how that disappoints me now. It actually still isnt that bad. They forgot the tortilla chips, but whatever. All you get now is plain round chips, when you used to get seasoned tortilla strips that kinda tasted like knockoff doritos. Other than that, not too bad w/ the southwest ranch dressing, and you must always order jalapenos to go w/ it. (should just come standard on that IMO). I thought the salads looked smaller now, but it didnt feel smaller after I got thru eating it. Could just be more compact packaging now. So overall not bad, but since ive given up on the double stack now, aside from this, spicy nuggets, and frostys (which never disappoint), Wendys just doesnt do anything for me anymore.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
I haven't had the sandwich yet, but I've had the salad. It's good. Has a nice kick to it. But they got rid of their 1/2 and Full size salads and it only comes in one size now, which is small. So I wouldn't consider it worth it for a salad. If the flavor is the same for the sandwich as it is for the salad, I'd eat that sandwich.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well I finally decided to give popper sandwich a go today. It wasnt bad, but I don't particularly find myself craving another one. It was LOADED w/ jalapenos, which I enjoyed. My butthole may have a different opinion later on. The chicken was typical wendys chicken. Wouldn't win any fights against popeyes.

• Haha
Reactions: blue-sun

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
65f477b9e1b8a0c55803121c9335f467.gif

I think its worth a one shot at least

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info