Welp RS is gone and replaced with??

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
You bought it at Fox Valley VW in St Charles? How was your experience? I'm looking for a new service department after my current one dicked me around via email for 2 months about a stupid issue they never had any intentions of helping me with.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
You bought it at Fox Valley VW in St Charles? How was your experience? I'm looking for a new service department after my current one dicked me around via email for 2 months about a stupid issue they never had any intentions of helping me with.

Yes that is where I purchased it from. The experience was great. I will absolutely take it back there for any work and its not even the closest dealership to me. The dealership felt very modern. Almost like newer BMW dealerships. The sales staff was excellent and not pushy.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
That's the service department that yanked me around via email for two months and then told me there was nothing they could do. If there was nothing they could do and they told me that upfront it wouldn't have been an issue. They also spilled oil all over Allen Davis' engine bay when it was in for an oil change and just sent him on his way with oil burning off the motor.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
:rofl: that dot matrix printer noise. That noise is normal and I've read is the oil pump running. You'll also notice it before the car starts when the keys are in range. I think the car has to be locked or unlocked I forgot which. Noise drives me crazy so if I'm detailing or working on it I make sure the keys aren't in my pocket.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
:rofl: that dot matrix printer noise. That noise is normal and I've read is the oil pump running. You'll also notice it before the car starts when the keys are in range. I think the car has to be locked or unlocked I forgot which. Noise drives me crazy so if I'm detailing or working on it I make sure the keys aren't in my pocket.

Ha. That is exactly what it sounds like. I figured it was normal. I searched the webs as well but could not find a 100% answer. But good to know. It is quiet an annoying sound. :rofl:

Thread Info