Well with all this MOPAR purchasing going on... had to get in on it ?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
It's white... it's right...

It's. It's. It's....

1e9b7518e35f230d3200b439799907df.jpg

5d8c7a520a4c754f01e7ef6193cfbca1.jpg

af4dd687e94be91308558674a9c84ed5.jpg

Bye bye VW CC... hello to the brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 limited with the 8 cyl 5.7 and 8 speed trans.

Loaded with navigation, panaramic roof, heated and cooled seats, memory seats, auto up and down windows, 8.4" uconnect display, remote start, HID and LED everything. It's a slick ride. Jeeps have come a LONG way.

We are all smiles, ear to ear.

Special thanks to Rodger for hooking it up with the friends and family discount. Thanks a lot bud!

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
She likes the pickle, huh? :D

I like the look of them too, I hope you have good luck with it, but they are chronically a problem child among Chrysler products.

Rich, what issues are there with Pentastar V6's that are heads and tails greater than any other engine that has it's quirky issues. I have one, it's been flawless and is closing in on 50k. The only thing I'm not crazy about is their oil filter design, but...

Things I know;
- Noisey water pumps
- Oil cooler issues (which isn't the engine itself)
- Leaking seals
- I had heard of a cam bearing issue(s)
- a very small percentage with head issues, primarily around cylinder #2.

But again, it is a completely 180* from the crap engines they had been using earlier, a much more complex design at that, and the problems have been fairly minimal. It is basically Chrysler's "platform" engine. Kinda the way GM's 3.6L "high content" V6 is, and we all know that hasn't been 100% perfect.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Sounds like a BCM issue and not anything with the engine itself.

I'm not trying to absolve the Pentastar of any faults, nothing is faultless and Chrysler's track record (I know firsthand), isn't spectacular, but they did do a lot of homework and future technology expandability on this engine platform.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
She likes the pickle, huh? :D

I like the look of them too, I hope you have good luck with it, but they are chronically a problem child among Chrysler products.

Rich, what issues are there with Pentastar V6's that are heads and tails greater than any other engine that has it's quirky issues. I have one, it's been flawless and is closing in on 50k. The only thing I'm not crazy about is their oil filter design, but...

Things I know;
- Noisey water pumps
- Oil cooler issues (which isn't the engine itself)
- Leaking seals
- I had heard of a cam bearing issue(s)
- a very small percentage with head issues, primarily around cylinder #2.

But again, it is a completely 180* from the crap engines they had been using earlier, a much more complex design at that, and the problems have been fairly minimal. It is basically Chrysler's "platform" engine. Kinda the way GM's 3.6L "high content" V6 is, and we all know that hasn't been 100% perfect.

I had the top end of the 3.6L rebuilt in my 2011 Chrysler. The timing chain tensioners failed. Unfortunately I drove it off the dealer lot with that issue (bought it certified pre-owned w/ 52k miles). Before I even made it home from the dealer, the check engine light was on. After a month at the dealer, I got it back with new cams, new timing chains, tensioners, and guides. Then the next time I took it in for an oil change, the dealer broke the oil filter head. They ended up having to pull the intake manifold to replace it. While they were at it, they found the rear main seal was leaking, so they replaced that too. After both of those issues, it's been fine lol.

I think my issues were poor maintenance from the previous owner. I'm just shy of 100k miles now without any more engine issues. The 3.6 makes good power and gets decent fuel economy.

Thread Info