Well with all this MOPAR purchasing going on... had to get in on it 😉

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
It's white... it's right...

It's. It's. It's....

Bye bye VW CC... hello to the brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 limited with the 8 cyl 5.7 and 8 speed trans.

Loaded with navigation, panaramic roof, heated and cooled seats, memory seats, auto up and down windows, 8.4" uconnect display, remote start, HID and LED everything. It's a slick ride. Jeeps have come a LONG way.

We are all smiles, ear to ear.

Special thanks to Rodger for hooking it up with the friends and family discount. Thanks a lot bud!

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Congrats.

Now start popping out kids like the rest of us to fill that back seat!

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, you gonna be happy!

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
What's up with the cucumbers hanging from the mirror

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Jeep always seems to make the GC better with every make over. Love jeeps.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
So disappointed in the purchase being revealed in the first post. I was really hoping for a shot of the carpet and having people guess for five pages.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Good luck. I have two friends with 14/15 models and pentastars that have nothing but problems with them. Always in the shop for something electrical related. One finally gave up and bought a brand new escape instead.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
She likes the pickle, huh? :D

I like the look of them too, I hope you have good luck with it, but they are chronically a problem child among Chrysler products.

Rich, what issues are there with Pentastar V6's that are heads and tails greater than any other engine that has it's quirky issues. I have one, it's been flawless and is closing in on 50k. The only thing I'm not crazy about is their oil filter design, but...

Things I know;
- Noisey water pumps
- Oil cooler issues (which isn't the engine itself)
- Leaking seals
- I had heard of a cam bearing issue(s)
- a very small percentage with head issues, primarily around cylinder #2.

But again, it is a completely 180* from the crap engines they had been using earlier, a much more complex design at that, and the problems have been fairly minimal. It is basically Chrysler's "platform" engine. Kinda the way GM's 3.6L "high content" V6 is, and we all know that hasn't been 100% perfect.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Last complaint she told me a about was that she was at a stop sign and it just shut off. Restarted it and wouldn't go into any gear. Cost her a hefty tow bill and she was done. She's really happy with the escape

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Sounds like a BCM issue and not anything with the engine itself.

I'm not trying to absolve the Pentastar of any faults, nothing is faultless and Chrysler's track record (I know firsthand), isn't spectacular, but they did do a lot of homework and future technology expandability on this engine platform.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh yea I have seem a lot of great stuff from the pentastar. Just saying that it might be related since syp's wifes is a hemi.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
She likes the pickle, huh? :D

I like the look of them too, I hope you have good luck with it, but they are chronically a problem child among Chrysler products.

Rich, what issues are there with Pentastar V6's that are heads and tails greater than any other engine that has it's quirky issues. I have one, it's been flawless and is closing in on 50k. The only thing I'm not crazy about is their oil filter design, but...

Things I know;
- Noisey water pumps
- Oil cooler issues (which isn't the engine itself)
- Leaking seals
- I had heard of a cam bearing issue(s)
- a very small percentage with head issues, primarily around cylinder #2.

But again, it is a completely 180* from the crap engines they had been using earlier, a much more complex design at that, and the problems have been fairly minimal. It is basically Chrysler's "platform" engine. Kinda the way GM's 3.6L "high content" V6 is, and we all know that hasn't been 100% perfect.
I had the top end of the 3.6L rebuilt in my 2011 Chrysler. The timing chain tensioners failed. Unfortunately I drove it off the dealer lot with that issue (bought it certified pre-owned w/ 52k miles). Before I even made it home from the dealer, the check engine light was on. After a month at the dealer, I got it back with new cams, new timing chains, tensioners, and guides. Then the next time I took it in for an oil change, the dealer broke the oil filter head. They ended up having to pull the intake manifold to replace it. While they were at it, they found the rear main seal was leaking, so they replaced that too. After both of those issues, it's been fine lol.

I think my issues were poor maintenance from the previous owner. I'm just shy of 100k miles now without any more engine issues. The 3.6 makes good power and gets decent fuel economy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom