đź“° Auto News Well its over, Dodge has jumped the shark...

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

"It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to notice that the Dodge Hornet and Alfa Romeo Tonale are basically the same car with minimal changes. According to a source within Stellantis who spoke with The Drive on condition of anonymity, the Tonale started as primarily an Alfa Romeo project; but internal politicking, and a desire for Dodge to raise its low average fuel economy numbers, saw the Alfa Romeo Tonale morph into the Dodge Hornet. And now the Alfa Romeo side of the house is none too happy about it."

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Apparently I’m in the minority here, but I think the Charger Daytona SRT Banshee is pretty sweet. I would 1000x buy this over a Tesla. It looks good, makes good noises, and the interior looks pretty damn functional for a coupe. It’s a hatch and the rear seats fold.
Most EVs, especially teslas are just too sterile for me. I don’t want my car to be like an office. I’d rather have made up sounds then silence so long as it sounds good and I think it actually sounds pretty cool.
I love the turbine wheels on it too.
Big, square, muscle car looks with modern tech. If wanted an ev, this would be on the top of my list.
But…I don’t want an ev.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
1660926460217.png

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I am actually pretty interested in the gt+ actually. Kind of fits the bill on several levels for the wifey's van replacement. Decent tech for entry, AWD, lots of ground clearance, fun to drive, not terrible on gas. Cars.com review pretty favorable, but leaned more towards Mazda for the segment. The deal breaker would possibly be room inside the cabin for me, so I plan on checking one out in the next few weeks as time allows.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The fucking commercials make me LOL!

And at least the one guy is verifying the pronunciation of the Alfa version, as I heard it the other day on a commercial and thought..."GTFO... No one is going to buy a vehicle named after a nasty body part that people have to clip/trim...", calling it a toe-nail! I had to watch it again to verify, but yup... Expect Alfa to sell 3 of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info