well I didnt spin a bearing

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
I spun 3

61541_466696572188_687192188_6665913_3918297_n.jpg

the bearings are beat up but the crank and rods look fine.. we shall see Its gonna go or blow

got the new ones in last night. gonna put the k-member and intake on tonight after work

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
Yeah, 1, 2, 3, and 6 look bad in that picture, 4 and 5, not terrible, but in time...

I will say, for spun bearings, it could have been a lot worse. Last motor I spun one on, there was no bearing left except a little sliver on the top, rod and crank tore the f*** up, and it got so bad, the rod cap broke. Background, 94 cavalier, rebuilt top end because of collapsed lifters, plus oil leak, repaired everything, ran like a champ with 158k, no knocks, I guess it was lurking though, my brother used it for work, one day said it was knocking bad, took it out of commission, later decided to see if she would blow (I wasn't going to rebuild again, not worth it at that point), and as I'm getting my wallet, I hear vrooooom vroooom.... silence, craaaaaaaaaaaaank. Walk outside, What did you do? it died...lol

sorry I got sidetracked, it happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info