Well after 17 years I finally got it...

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
My dad and I picked up a 80 camaro from my uncle and then bought a 78 Z28 as a parts car when i was in 2nd and started it as our project. Well we sat on it for awhile and then when we were in Kentucky visiting family he spotted a blue 79 camaro way off in the woods w/a wrecked front end. We bought it and swapped the front on ours onto it b/c the body was way cleaner. We eventually dropped a motor in it then it sat, then we pulled the motor to put in another truck and that was it. This project has never been on the road in our hands.......well now its in mine.

80Camaro004.jpg

80Camaro005.jpg

80Camaro007.jpg

80Camaro009.jpg

I'm working on a motor right now just to get it running, but all i really have to do is put a windsheild in it(its cracked bad), get it painted, and finish the interior and its road worthy.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
street/strip, just a good cruiser and what not. I have a 305 that was given to me that i'll clean up and put together to get it going but essentially i wanna to a 383 one day.

plans to do:

-put togther current motor
-cam/lifter setup
-work the heads over
-stall(depeding on the cam)
-swap out the 2.shitty gears w/3.73's or 4.10's since its just a local/strip car
-shift kit in the TH350

the resy is just getting it painted and over stuff which really isn't to hard

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
All you will need is the LS swap plates. Like dirty dingo. The stock upper and lowers will work. Trans mount will work. Depending on what trans it had stock it will bolt right in. The ac depends on the front belt drive. Truck style is most common. I know truck ac fist in a g body with almost no trouble. Your Camaro should be similar. :jg:

Thread Info