3800 weird sound at shifts

I

imported_GraFFix

Posted on ClubGP and no replies except for one guy having the same problem :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The past week ive had this weird sound when i drive..it only happens at the shift and i can very the loudness by throttle position..its a whine of some kind, it sounds like a combination of a bad power sterring pump, combined with a CAI sound on a cold morning when you just start it. the car is still driving like normal, no performance loss..shifts are the same as always and if im WOT it dont do it at all (or its not as noticable) but most prominent if im like 40% throttle from a red light and shifting.

I dont see anything..no vaccum lines off, TB isnt leaking...although I was wondering about the TB spacer leaking coolant into the blower? but then i would think it would do it all the time...

Since i have a F1 hood I can hear it alot louder then if i had a normal hood..and the sound seems like its coming from the top of the motor by the CAI or TB...but i cannot be sure because i cant duplicate the sound just reving the motor.

Like i said its not effecting performance, shifts..etc its just an annoying sound that wasnt there a week ago...

anyone else have this issue before? any ideas?

Any help is appreciated

RynosGP

Nov 10, 2008
Mine has been doing the same thing. I just kind of ignored it for a while and just yesterday I hooked the A-tap to just see how my car was doing and it pulled up a P0748 - Pressure Control Silinoid (sp?) electrical. I wonder if that has something to do with the sound for me?

Ryan

I

imported_GraFFix

Hmm im not throwing any codes though...Hmm maybe ill hook up the A-tap tonight. I scanned it with the scanmaster but nothing. I have no SES either.

No one seems to be able to help, I posted this on clubgp 2 times 2 different sections and no replies at all...this sucks cause its annoying as hell

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by gtphale@Nov 10 2003, 06:57 PM
So it doesn't sound like its from teh trans? Wonder if it is your rotors on your blower?Kind of hard without hearing it. Maybe if we all get together this weekend we can take a look.
Actually I am thinking its the trans..I dont want to think that but its all leading to that..Like i said it only happens at shifts, from like 30-50% throttle..if im WOT it dont do it at all but then again at WOT my trans is shifting instantly.

Hooked up the A-Tap on the way to work..no codes what so ever..

This sucks...the car is running so good...its just this annoying sound that im hearing is pissing me off...I finally got my O2's perfect...Im geting no KR and I start hearing this sound.

If I let the car sit overnight and start it in the morining..it does the sound for like 3 seconds then it goes away..

Hale maybe even if everyone dont get together this weekend...we can still hook up. I have other things i need to talk to you about also.

I

imported_GraFFix

Well..I checked a few things at lunch today..Im wondering if my TB spacer is leaking coolant into the blower...Im not sure..I dont know what else to check. I might come to work on the weekend when no one is here..jack the car up with the forklifts and run it thru the gears to see where the sound is coming from..im a little worried about that idea though..you never know what could happen. LOL my own personal dyno

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list