3800 Weightlifters!!!!

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I'm at the point to where I am done loosing weight. I am very satisfied with the weight I'm currently at. (183lbs) I'm 5'11" tall. About 6 months ago I was weighing in at about 250lbs. My waist was a 38-40 and now I am down to a 30-32. I'm sure some of you guys know how I looked about a year or two ago. It was uncomfortable and quite embarrassing. When I first started I did cardio about 5-6 times a week on a elliptical along with massive weight lifting 4-5 times a week. I was more into dropping the nasty pounds rather than bulking up. Now times are different. I want to bulk up like no other. I defiantly have the body for it. I have large broad shoulders and a big chest along with impressive triceps. Overall just a large upper body. I do take protein shakes twice a day (BodyTech Whey Tech Pro 24) That has the highest protein per serving. I believe its 24g of protein per one scoop. I wanted to start taking the Cell Mass Creatine due to the fact I've heard nothing but good about that product. If theres any suggestions anyone has on how to do a massive bulk up I am all ears. I'm a big fan of bodybuilding.com but I wanted to hear from my local GP fellas.

I

imported_silverbullet

hey mike, if you not doing anything during the weekend meet me at xsport in niles i can show you how to do different exercises to bulk up. it's harder to explain how to do it. i might not cover everything in one day, but i can give you the basic. i can get you in for a guess pass for one week.

UNCTYPE-S

Regular
Jun 18, 2008
Chicago
I'm not a GP fella, but I can tell you right now. If you want to bulk up, you're going to have to gain weight. You wont gain muscle if you dont put the pounds on. Where do you want to be? Are you looking for strength or mass? What's your diet look like? What's your workout plan? All these need to be brought to the table so I/we can see if you're going in the right direction.

If you're satisfied with 183 right now, then I would suggest putting on about 10-15 more pounds and then dieting back down to a more ripped 183.

Oh n BTW, your protein shake doesnt have the highest amount of protein per serving. Mine is 25g per serving. :p

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Mine is 50 grams per serving bitches!

Mike, check out bodybuilding.com. It's a way of life and much like anything else you're going to have to learn the ins and outs before you really get into it.

I can tell you that it's not like shedding fat. When I was 280 I was able to shed 70lbs in a 3 months just by doing anything (elliptical, workouts, etc). Bulking is much different. It's a science and now you have to consider what you eat, when you eat it, how much of it you're going to eat, whether you're going to do cardio or not, when you're going to do it (so it doesn't negate your lifting).

Bodybuilding.com is going to lay down the footwork for you. If you need a workout buddy let me know. It's a lot easier (and you get a better workout) when you have someone with you.

I

imported_GraFFix

Im not at the point of bulking up...Honestly I dont even know if i want to. Ive been working out and trying to lose weight for about 3.5 months now..so far Ive lost 45lbs. I just want to get to a decent weight and tone up...I have about 20 more lbs then ill focus on toning more then anything. I want to build my arms and back up a bit but everything else I would just like toned a little.

Good luck I know its alot of hard work but actually I find it fun to go workout now.

For your average workout routine...without wanting to bulk up how much protein are you guys taking per day? Ive been told my intake is lower then it should be but like I said im not trying to build mass. just help my muscles recover a little faster and keep em fed so to speak.

I

imported_1fastGTP

im on a workout plan right now. i want to get big so im worken out with a friend almost everyday. on a rotation of an hour a day. arms/legs/back/chest and heres an example of what we use. we have items for muscle rebuild so were not sore in the morning, then theres things that give you a massive pump and you feel like you can keep lifting, yeah vitamin shoppe is your friend.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>
Best way to pack on muscle is to bench/lift more weight with less reps. When your ready to tone it, less weight with more reps.

Just in case you didnt know. :D
[/b]

Dont get ahead of yourself here fishy. :) The best way to pack on muscle is at the dinner table, not the gym.

70% diet & rest
30% lifting
[/b][/quote]

I meant in the gym though. I always saw people in gym lifting 5 sets of 80lbs each thinking they were gaining muscle in HS. Sad part it, that was the weight training class. :lolsign:

I

imported_1fastGTP

Your new nickname from me is "pillz"
[/b]

haha! nah thats my friends stash... he wants to be a professional body builder/personal trainer. i dont take anything but protien shakes or some carb drinks for now. once i reach the peak where you cant gain anymore and need no shotgun or something to help me put more weight on what im lifting. it will be fun, i moved up on bench big time. in 3 weeks i went from 115 to 145. 3 sets of 10 :) some of you may say thats not much, but thats alot in that short of time. i was 160 a few weeks ago and now im up to almost 170. with about 5% body fat. i remember mike last year and for him to say he lost that much, gotta see the new man! and i too go to xsport its an amazing workout place, especially the one off finley by fry's.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Lower reps and heavy weight is going to pack on size quick but if you're small to begin with (Kyle) concentrate on your core at first so you can do those exercises with proper form. Otherwise you're just going to hurt yourself.

No need for all those pills. Creatine, glutamine, and a good whey protien mix are all anyone needs, especially a beginner. If you're trying to add weight, eat big and eat healthy.

Learn to be one with chicken. I never knew chicken could be prepared in so many different ways before I started working out.

Jim, eat it. My protein shake owns your protein shake. That's just all there is to it.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Lower reps and heavy weight is going to pack on size quick but if you're small to begin with (Kyle) concentrate on your core at first so you can do those exercises with proper form. Otherwise you're just going to hurt yourself.
[/b]

Agreed. However my teacher always said to use the weight that you feel is pretty heavy. Not your max. In HS my max was 200. So I did 3 sets of 170 3-5 times a set. I felt the difference, then I graduated HS and really havent seen a gym since. :unsure:

I

imported_1fastGTP

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Agreed. However my teacher always said to use the weight that you feel is pretty heavy. Not your max. In HS my max was 200. So I did 3 sets of 170 3-5 times a set. I felt the difference, then I graduated HS and really havent seen a gym since. :unsure:
[/b][/quote]

thats how i was with football in HS, i was pretty damn strong and then... football was over and i didnt do it senior year so.. once i graduated i didnt have motivation to workout anywhere else. but now im starting up again because i wanna look awesome come summer time.

it's all about going and trying everything out. some exercises will feel better than others. keep things changing, don't let your body get in the comfort zone. the 5x5 does help get you stronger, but more reps will show muscle more. i wouldn't worry about your weight mike. i am 5'10" and weight 140lbs. so you at least have a decent amount on me. if you are trying to build muscle, just tone down the cardio a bit. don't give it up though. supplements do work, but i would try and lift for awhile without them. i did for over a year. good luck.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Take all those vitamins and powders back to GNC and get a refund. At max, you may only need 1 or 2 of those.

My brothers, who are both NFL Football players(OL) only take a mixture of Creatine, Protien, or Whey...THATS ALL!!!!! ........usually only 2 of the 3 at any one time.

They mostly take it to have thier muscles recover faster and it is thier job to get stronger. My one brother even said if he did not lift/cardio 4 hours a day for 5 days a week, he would not be on it.....Im talking about serous lifting and cardio as well.....not chilling at the gym and juice bar.

Both my brothers can bench near or more then 500Lbs and do 475lb reps for squat for 10-12x, full paralell BTW. B)

They have always told me its about eating good stuff....(Lunch meats, Grilled/baked chicken, PBJ sandwachies and Milk shakes) and also getting rest for the body.

I myself have taken about 2 scoops of creatine my entire life and have just lifted my ass off since HS and the most I have ever benched was 390 while weighing 220. No protien, Whey, etc......HARD WORK.

HONESTLY, most people contribute thier gains to pills/drugs just because they were using them. Ive seen it time and time again. If I took all that crap and spent all that money, I too would swear up and down the street about how it made me strong, etc, etc, etc...........

BULL CRAP! The human body can do amazing things if you work hard enough at it. All those pills and that are for people who live at the gym and work out 6 days a week, etc.....

Work hard and get your refund on all those pills!! :lolsign:

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Well, April 28th-29th he will be.

Looks like he will be around a 3-4th round pick, or, about the 4-7 guard taken in the 2007 draft.

Streetsmiths and Sporting News Weekly on Newstands now...they have him ranked 4-5 best guard and NFL.com just ranked him as 4 as well.

Northwestscouting.com
Draftboardinsider.com
Draftnotebook.com

All the ^ have hime around 5-7 ranked.

He seems to be picking up steam since the Iowa pro day and some persona interviews, etc...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info