3800 Weightlifters!!!!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Losing weight is easy if you have self control. Limit your calories and get your heart rate up (heavy biking, running).

If you're biking make sure you're either going for all out speed or that you're in a low gear so that your legs are moving quickly.

Also, if you're into any sport take that up. I play a game called S-U-C-K for a good hour every day to practice catching baseballs. Everytime the opponent misses catching a ball (and it at least touches their mit) they get a letter. Once you spell suck you're... well you get the idea.

I also generally ride 10 miles a day or run 20 minutes all out on an elliptical. An elliptical is a good way to kill 400 - 600 calories in 30 minutes and is very easy on your knees. It might not seem like a lot but your metabolism stays active for hours after working out.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
<div class='quotemain'>
Your new nickname from me is "pillz"
[/b]

haha! nah thats my friends stash... he wants to be a professional body builder/personal trainer. i dont take anything but protien shakes or some carb drinks for now. once i reach the peak where you cant gain anymore and need no shotgun or something to help me put more weight on what im lifting. it will be fun, i moved up on bench big time. in 3 weeks i went from 115 to 145. 3 sets of 10 :) some of you may say thats not much, but thats alot in that short of time. i was 160 a few weeks ago and now im up to almost 170. with about 5% body fat. i remember mike last year and for him to say he lost that much, gotta see the new man! and i too go to xsport its an amazing workout place, especially the one off finley by fry's.
[/b][/quote]

You should read this. Very informative. Dont mess with all those supplements. It wont get you anywhere but a hole in your pocket if you decide to proceed that route.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek25.htm

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Glad to see you already found the site!
[/b]

Oh yeah, I've been on that website for about 8 months now just reading and taking notes. However, a lot of the stuff on there is controversial. You hear one thing from someone and then you hear something totally the opposite from another. You almost have to take what you read and fit it in to how you ant it to work.

Check this out:

My Boss has had a Ballys Membership that he bought off of a guy about 9 years ago maybe even 10. He bought it because this guy wound up getting real sick and could no longer workout the we he was. He sold the membership for $1000. He now pays $5 a year. Yes, $5 a year for this membership and it never goes up in price. He is good until 2012. He called to add me on to his membership and they accepted. I'm paying $200 a year or $17 a month. I took it and ran because they are charging over $50 a month if I were to go through a Ballys branch. I can go to any Ballys in the U.S. I'm a little excited. Its time to broaden my horizon and start lifting heavy. Good times.

I

imported_silverbullet

<div class='quotemain'>
Glad to see you already found the site!
[/b]

Oh yeah, I've been on that website for about 8 months now just reading and taking notes. However, a lot of the stuff on there is controversial. You hear one thing from someone and then you hear something totally the opposite from another. You almost have to take what you read and fit it in to how you ant it to work.

Check this out:

My Boss has had a Ballys Membership that he bought off of a guy about 9 years ago maybe even 10. He bought it because this guy wound up getting real sick and could no longer workout the we he was. He sold the membership for $1000. He now pays $5 a year. Yes, $5 a year for this membership and it never goes up in price. He is good until 2012. He called to add me on to his membership and they accepted. I'm paying $200 a year or $17 a month. I took it and ran because they are charging over $50 a month if I were to go through a Ballys branch. I can go to any Ballys in the U.S. I'm a little excited. Its time to broaden my horizon and start lifting heavy. Good times.
[/b][/quote]

that's true about the membership never gone if you are a member for a long time, but i don't know about him paying $5 a year. i know a guy used to worked with me been a member with bally over 10 years and he only pay $90 a year as long as he's a member there. i don't like bally they charge too much. i was a member 4 years ago and they charged me $1200 a year and if i want to play raquetball it an additional charge for that. plus they close too early. xport is probably the best place to join cause they open 24/7 days all year. i only pay $350 a year. xport weight equipments are way better than bally. good luck on your work out!

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
just joined up @ lifetime. I need to start workin out and loose some poundage and get in better cardio shape. looked at Xsport, but it was way crowded with machines in a smaller space. i didnt figure 90/month for 2 of us (wife and myself) was too terribly bad.

i've been doing 15ish minutes of weight trainging (machines) and 45 of cardio (keeping heart rate up on the treadmill, typically-- eliptical actuall i found harder on my knees.) repeat on 3-4 days a week.

hopefully i'll start to see results not too too long from now.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Bally's gyms are generally not as nice as a Lifetime or Xsport but they are convenient. I have a Lifetime fitness as well and I've used it 10 times since joining in October because it's such a pain to go in there, walk down the long hall, go to the locker room, walk up stairs... It's like a 5 minute ordeal just to start working out. With Ballys I walk in the gym and there I am.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
eh, i just figure as long as it gets me to work out, thats the point.

no bally's near me though. so it was xport or lifetime.... more stuff to do at lifetime if i want, so that's better for me. (raquet ball, wall climbing, etc)

somewhat of a dumb question, i suppose, but anyone have a reccomendation for a website with basic workout/cardio routines/programs so i atleast look like i know what i'm doin?

:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info