Weight Reduction

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
I took a bunch of shit out of my car one time and it was the biggest waste of time ever...especially in a GP. The only good thing was it gave me more room to carry all my shit up to Ohio for the racing weekend. With no backseat you'd be surprised what you can get back there

Seriously though, even if you pull the spare, jack, back seat and pass seat...how much weight are you really loosing? maybe a 100lbs? good for a 1/10th..if that. ehh Ill run a 1/10th faster

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Ilikebmx - Are you putting a mtn bike in your trunk or a 20"? I know the Wbodys are a little different than the H body but i can fit my bike in my trunk fully assembled with a little bit of maneuvering. I will agree though that pass through is only good for sneaking things into the trunk when your getting pulled over and nothing more.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
panda thinks otherwise..

matt m... zooomer... mat talman.. ron vogel... every1 else who does it is all rice for taking out their seats

You can add yourself to my list of "ricers"

19ro90.jpg

Matt M and Zoomer drive RACE CARS, I doubt Talman drives around with his seats out year round, we all know Ron doesent do anything by the books, he probably still has his seats out since the last track day. :rofl:

I dont believe in gutting your car if you drive a daily driven street car. I like to run mine in close to street trim. It just seems like way too much work. I wouldnt want my shitty gm interior to rattle even more when I try to put the stuff back in either. Its one thing todo some weight reduction if your a FWD V6 going for a 11 second pass. But its very gay if your some Dasfinc with a stock daily driver Honda with every ounce of weight out of the car, running your "shell" down the track to get a 15.9.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I just took shit out that doesn't require a lot of work. The passenger seat comes off with 4 bolts, the rear seats are surprisingly heavy and awkward( hurt my back several times getting them out). Besides, with the PT it was for shits and giggles to see how "low" i could get my ET. 17.2 @ 78 was the best i could do and GLD had terrible track prep, i was spinning the tires off the line. It might make 120whp at the most.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
while i dont see a need to pull shit out of my car, theres certainly nothing wrong w/ weight reduction on any car, street or track. its free work and for someone who wants to squeeze every last drop of potential out of a setup, its worth it

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Even if it didnt run 13's it still trapped 12mph faster than your Regal. We all know ET means nothing. Id like to see what kinda times you can pull with a 300WHP+ 6-speed RWD car...

Mid 13's was my best btw

ET means nothing?? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Ive heard it all now. So Cobalts that trap 106 but run 13.8 is actually FASTER then a GP that runs 12.6@106?? THAT is funny.

Im glad to hear you did get at least a 13 second slip with it. I was about to tell you to either burn it or trade in your man card back in the day.

Gimme a 6 speed RWD LS1, and a day at the track. Ill meet or beat your times.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
You can add yourself to my list of "ricers"

19ro90.jpg

Matt M and Zoomer drive RACE CARS, I doubt Talman drives around with his seats out year round, we all know Ron doesent do anything by the books, he probably still has his seats out since the last track day. :rofl:

I dont believe in gutting your car if you drive a daily driven street car. I like to run mine in close to street trim. It just seems like way too much work. I wouldnt want my shitty gm interior to rattle even more when I try to put the stuff back in either. Its one thing todo some weight reduction if your a FWD V6 going for a 11 second pass. But its very gay if your some Dasfinc with a stock daily driver Honda with every ounce of weight out of the car, running your "shell" down the track to get a 15.9.

Rear seat was out of my car for a fair portion of the summer, shit, after US41 at the beginning of summer, the car only had one seat in if for a good month. Partially laziness in that I didn't care to take the time to put the seat back in, and partially a lack of need. When there's no seat in the thing, people can't ask you for a ride to see how fast the thing is, plus, I didn't have a girlfriend anymore during that time, so I had no need to cart someone around with me.

The spare/jack haven't been in the car in years, the seats are back in now just in case my parents need to drive the car somewhere while it's sitting at home (not sure when that would happen), but it's still got most of the weight reduction done to it at the track done when it's on the road, minus rims and exhaust.

I'm a big ricer though.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
why would you take stuff out of your car to see what it "could run"???? its not like you are gonna pull up next to somebody on the street, throw some revs, then stop and get out of the car and start unbolting things just so you can beat him

Some of us don't streetrace :bigthumb:

I race for numbers at the track, so the car loses weight. I'm competing to beat times that other full-out w-bodies have run, every ounce, and every horsepower is important.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
ET means nothing?? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Ive heard it all now. So Cobalts that trap 106 but run 13.8 is actually FASTER then a GP that runs 12.6@106?? THAT is funny.

Im glad to hear you did get at least a 13 second slip with it. I was about to tell you to either burn it or trade in your man card back in the day.

Gimme a 6 speed RWD LS1, and a day at the track. Ill meet or beat your times.

"ET means nothing" was actually a crack towards syP. I dont believe that what so ever.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info