Weed wacker keeps dying after 15 seconds

Primalzer

Reaction score
Got an older Crapsman weedwacker that the previous homeowners left behind...needs a new head, but I don't want to buy a head unless I can get the MF'er running. Thing is a PITA to start, but it'll start, run for about 15 seconds, then just die...you can let it idle or rev it up, but 10-15 seconds later, regardless, it'll die. Pulled the plug, looks good, but I cleaned it up anyways. When it's running, runs great, sounds great, doesn't smoke, but just all of a sudden dies. It calls for 40:1, but I threw in 50:1 because I have it lying around from my snowblower and really the only difference between 40 and 50:1 is .5 ounce of oil per full gallon...shouldn't make THAT much of a difference. What ideas you guys got?

GT_Dave

Reaction score
The carb is not pumping fuel, most likely needs cleaning, or adjusting. Try opening the high and low speed screws 1/4 turn at a time and see if it will run longer.

Primalzer

Reaction score
I was screwing around with one of the screws (not sure if it was the high or low speed) and after some fiddling back and forth, got it to idle down nice and run for an extra 5 seconds, but it'd end up dying all the same

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
try running it with the fuel cap loosened

Primalzer

Reaction score
Hmmmm, yeah that sounds like you could be onto something, I'll give it a whirl tonight when I get home

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
put it on craigslist, when it sells buy a new one.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I want to startr swapping out my black and decker stuff for Ryobi but menards doesn't sell ryobi

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
homedepot had a good ass deal on the big ass 4AH batteries, 2 pack for the price of 1 (99$). So now i have 2-4ah and 3 of the regular batteries but all i have is the drill/hammer and air compressor :rofl:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like that Ryobi has a ton of tool options. they even have a buffer :rofl:

PANDA

Reaction score
I bought a battery powered weed wacker last year and didnt look back. The gas one I had was a pile of shit.

The battery wacker just WORKS and I can't tell the diffrence in performance.

Primalzer

Reaction score
Dragging an extension cord around a weed wacker seems like a recipe for a bad time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom