We haven't had a good teaser thread in a while. V:F10

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:pedobear:

:pedobear:

And I'm going to keep that going. Teaser threads blow.

I bought a 2011 528i.

"new body" "old" naturally aspirated straight six... 8 speed auto. a bunch of fancy options I don't know about yet- some i do- like heated front and rear seats- heated steering wheel :nutz:

came with oem rimz and these fancy staggered ones I'd never have paid for myself because I'm a cheapass... but they got worked into the deal and I'm glad they did.. because they make the car. They are 19" avant garde wheels, 9" wide up front, 10 in the rear.

I got 32.5 mpg driving it home from Appleton yesterday and I couldn't be happier.

Yeah it's not a "fast" TURBOh one but I'm hoping for longevity and reliability out of this thing. Still rips plenty well. Magazine's back in the day said mid to high 14's ish which is fine. The way it will drop into basically any gear it needs to from a roll is pretty outstanding though.

U3E0V5Sh.jpg

AGY8HRKh.jpg

sNJEyEVh.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nice "upgrade" over the old BMW. They are sharp looking cars.

Where are the pictures of you sitting and showing all the leg room? The drivers seat as well as back seat. I'm serious. lol

:rofl: i'll take pics later.

I know you've posted about old e39 vs new f10 steering/driving whatever and old one definitely felt like a go cart compared to this thing.

This one is much bigger inside. I wish I could have found this in manual but stick f10's are hard enough to find let alone N52 f10's.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It is amazing how once you have those modern conviences, you dislike not having them. Bluetooth for calls and streaming music is such a nice feature.

Those wheels make the car look better as well.

Definitely do, the OEM wheels on these (when not sport or m packaged whatever) are pretty MEH

These are just rwd correct?

They can be awd, but this is RWD because I have balls.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
:rofl: i'll take pics later.

I know you've posted about old e39 vs new f10 steering/driving whatever and old one definitely felt like a go cart compared to this thing.

This one is much bigger inside. I wish I could have found this in manual but stick f10's are hard enough to find let alone N52 f10's.

I've posted about people saying the steering feel is lacking. I believe it was [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] that was not fond of the steering ratio in the XDrive, regular cars, and/or M-sport cars versus the M5.

I do want a F10 car. I love my 335i but more room would be nice. But then I tell myself I really need a truck or SUV again. So I keep holding of on doing anything. haha

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I've posted about people saying the steering feel is lacking. I believe it was [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] that was not fond of the steering ratio in the XDrive, regular cars, and/or M-sport cars versus the M5.

I do want a F10 car. I love my 335i but more room would be nice. But then I tell myself I really need a truck or SUV again. So I keep holding of on doing anything. haha

He was talking about the E39 540 he test drove iirc.... but maybe also what you're saying.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

He was talking about the E39 540 he test drove iirc.... but maybe also what you're saying.

Congrats, dude :bigthumb: Those wheels are sweet. And the ZF 8-speed is a fantastic transmission.

Both. The 540i is not a mini-M5 like the BMW nuthuggers looking through foggy wayback glasses say because of the Grand Marquis steering ratio. Separately, in later BMWs with AWD, the steering is neutered by being laden with front axle components and different suspensions. But for most, the all-weather needs outweigh the wants of steering precision. And the F10, which BMW got a ton of flack for numbing road feel and flat handling, is one hellava comfy car.

Thread Info